Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Do these modded apps remove no fly zones? Also is it just a matter of installing them to change your controller to fcc or do you have to do anything else first?

Do these modded apps remove no fly zones? Also is it just a matter of installing them to change your controller to fcc or do you have to do anything else first?

I too like to know if this remove no fly zones?

I understand that this mods is only for Android? There is no iOS mod at this time?? (Im currently using iPhone 6)
If I need to purchase an ANDROID device, which devices is everyone using? I guess I'm trying to figure out which Android device is the MOST compatible with this mods?

Thank you in advance guys! Keep up the good work!

i have tested between a note3 and a Htc u11. the 2difference is too huge. get a speed as fast like iPhone 7 plus. i can say those processor 835 and above +6gb ram . almost everything is indeed smooth n fast. also location Gps track is v fast.

Same here... can you disable NFZ with this app ??

I don't know specifically the details but from what I read, here and somewhere else, in order to have things like FCC mode in UE and mavic modes you just need the modded app, while if you want to bypass NFZ then you also need to do something about the FW. Just my 2c

In continuation.. .. tried the mod 2 ... before this had been flying with 4.1.15 but always got only 4 to 5 satellites.. homepoint was rarely recorded on its own..
Now with this mod.. not only does OTG work.. response in much better and guess what had more than 15 satellites at location i could get only 2 to 3 .. not flown too far out but am happy with the mod.. great work..
... please add something to fly in an NFZ and the work shall be complete..

I don't know specifically the details but from what I read, here and somewhere else, in order to have things like FCC mode in UE and mavic modes you just need the modded app, while if you want to bypass NFZ then you also need to do something about the FW. Just my 2c

Unfortunately you are correct the parameters for NFZ has to be changed in Spark FW. The NFZ cannot be disabled in the DJI Go App.

1. You will have to downgrade the Spark firmware to V01.00.0300
2. Install a source code editor such as Notepad++
3 . Connect the Spark to an older version of the Dji Assistant 2 (v1.1.2) running in debug mode.
4. Change the parameters
Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 9.44.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 9.47.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 9.36.04 PM.png
In later firmware versions V01.00.0400 to current the parameters to unlock NFZ for the Spark are no longer there to be modified. I've been searching around to figure out how DJI has replaced or modified these parameters, but so far I haven't any luck.
Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 7.13.58 PM.png

Last edited:
Have installed dji_go4_4.1.3_v25.apk i found on google.. how do i know if it has the NFZ diabled already ??

Finally got around to test 2.0 mod (not lite) as well, on a Galaxy S7 (non edge), for now with no OTG. I live in Europe.

Couldn't do a full suit of test because of limited time (and batteries). Baseline: great!

He is the detail of what I did (scroll to the bottom for a couple of interesting problems):

- distance test: tried official app. Video got laggy and broken post about 200 m distance. Corey lost at 500. With modded up, got to 650m with no problem. I turned back because I want brave enough to keep pushing... [emoji1]
Using the same configuration, the day before, in a suitable place, I sent the spark to 420 m above my head... Amazing!

- waypoint worked fine too (and it's pretty amazing), but yes, I wasn't given any choice as to heading mode. Also, gimbal pitch position is not recorded as part of the waypoint data (but maybe it isn't with the Mavic either...)

- point of interest worked very well. I think it will turn out to be one of the most useful in real-life usage

- I briefly (battery was almost dead) tried follow me, but the disk sign move despite reporting very good GPS signal from both done and mobile device

Problems:

- map was a problem. Despite having an active data connection and offline Google maps for the area, I couldn't see any map. Even worse, I couldn't even see the home-point, Spark position or track. The map area was just a uniform color with the (useless) control buttons.

- also, after doing the distance test and switching battery, I had more problems with signal range. I was flying in a different direction with somehow less clean line of sight (some trees), but I wonder if there is a way (other than signal reliability) of checking of the spark operating is in FCC mode or not. Maybe it got reset somehow during the battery change? I don't know when the spark or app make the decision and setting about FCC mode. Can it be reset on power-up if I don't restart the modded app to force it again?
Wow - what European country do you live in that allows UAV operation at Nealy 1,400ft agl ?

Wow - what European country do you live in that allows UAV operation at Nealy 1,400ft agl ?

Are you still here policing and harassing members? Why dont you just stay away? Youre a classic example of a troll. If this is your day to day routine i feel really sorry for you.

Reactions: sebip
Mods - Since there are direct links to modified software posted which allows illegal EIRP levels to be reached in countries where lower TX power is only permissable can we get this thread closed/deleted please?

Reported

Mr Butthurt already tried to snitch on this topic but didnt get his way.

Are you still here policing and harassing members? Why dont you just stay away? Youre a classic example of a troll. If this is your day to day routine i feel really sorry for you.
No - I'm genuinely interested as I'd love to visit the country and get some great shots from 1400ft!

Unfortunately you are correct the parameters for NFZ has to be changed in Spark FW. The NFZ cannot be disabled in the DJI Go App.

1. You will have to downgrade the Spark firmware to V01.00.0300
2. Install a source code editor such as Notepad++
3 . Connect the Spark to an older version of the Dji Assistant 2 (v1.1.2) running in debug mode.
4. Change the parameters
View attachment 2861
View attachment 2862
View attachment 2860
In later firmware versions V01.00.0400 to current the parameters to unlock NFZ for the Spark are no longer there to be modified. I've been searching around to figure out how DJI has replaced or modified these parameters, but so far I haven't any luck.
View attachment 2858

?? how do i downgrade in spark from V01.00.0900 to V01.00.0300 .. the assistant only shows upto V01.00.0600 .. where can i find the required downgrade

?? how do i downgrade in spark from V01.00.0900 to V01.00.0300 .. the assistant only shows upto V01.00.0600 .. where can i find the required downgrade

There are a lot more little steps and I was vague because I don't recommend just anyone doing this unless they are fully willing to either brick or part with their Spark, if by mistake or by purpose they change the wrong or other parameters. If your really intent on doing this just search Youtube.

While it's the common misconception that someone seeking to disable the NFZ is intent on doing something illegal, this is usually not the case for the majority of the guys whom are seeking to just fly without hassle (DJI unlock request) in an area that has been verified to be incorrectly marked as a NFZ.

Once you have downgraded your firmware, do not try to use a current version of the Go App or it will lock out your Spark from flying unless you know how to unlock it, or you upgrade the firmware.

I have also not tested this with IOS and I can't tell you if it works for IOS along with an older version of the GoApp. I've only used this on Android along with the OP's modded Go 4 modded app.

Honestly its almost more trouble than its worth!

Last edited:
There are a lot more little steps and I was vague because I don't recommend just anyone doing this unless they are fully willing to either brick or part with their Spark, if by mistake or by purpose they change the wrong or other parameters.

This will give you an idea of what you need to do although it's no specifically for the Spark.

While it's the common misconception that someone seeking to disable the NFZ is intent on doing something illegal, this is usually not the case for the majority of the guys whom are seeking to just fly without hassle (DJI unlock request) in an area that has been verified to be incorrectly marked as a NFZ.
I have not contributed to this thread for various reasons, but just a quick "heads up" posts like the one above will more than likely get this thread shut down by forum admin

I have not contributed to this thread for various reasons, but just a quick "heads up" posts like the one above will more than likely get this thread shut down by forum admin

Thank you for the heads up! I wasn't finished yet with my post. I was trying to link an example in Youtube, which is not an actual video to do it for the Spark. There is also a very critical step in which neither this video or I mention. Only if someone is resourceful enough to dig will they figure out what the critical steps are and be able to accomplish any of what the video showed.

My intent was to show just enough of how it's done, so that people would see and understand what they are asking to OP to do, can not be done from the modded Go App.

Last edited:
Well said for the people trying to FLY in NFZ.. this is for the same of convenience to be able to survey a site which comes under the red zone.. any pointers shall be appreciated.. thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewDatcu