Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Crystal Sky bracket

Dan Catalo

Join
Dec 2, 2017
Good morning My Droonies!!! I just got my crystal sky monitor and bracket. I have a spark and a mavic and im trying to figure out how to attach the bracket to the remotes. I can't seem to find anything on DJI website , so im here looking for a little help from friends....

Reactions: Dan Catalo
thank you Msinger!!!! I knew it was going to be something easy and I was making it difficult. didn't think about upside down at all and no pictures in manuals. But thank you so very much!!! Now to go try it out!!!!!!

thank you Msinger!!!! I knew it was going to be something easy and I was making it difficult. didn't think about upside down at all and no pictures in manuals. But thank you so very much!!! Now to go try it out!!!!!!

If your going to try using the Spark in OTG mode with the CS, be careful you don't destroy the micro usb port on the controller, as the mount cable gets in the way making it difficult to access the port. the safest is to use wi-fi with the Spark.

Reactions: Dan Catalo
If your going to try using the Spark in OTG mode with the CS, be careful you don't destroy the micro usb port on the controller, as the mount cable gets in the way making it difficult to access the port. the safest is to use wi-fi with the Spark.

OTG wouldn't work anyways with Spark and Crystalsky since Crystalsky is still using version 4.1.18

you use that instead of wifi? and if so ...where would I find this?

I posted the link above. Can be ordered online. Its just a mount to hold the Crystalsky to the controller (RC). The connection is by WiFi.

I posted the link above. Can be ordered online. Its just a mount to hold the Crystalsky to the controller (RC). The connection is by WiFi.
Hi guys, I have just received my CrystalSky 5.5" unit and am using the PolarPro mount. Very comfortable and easy to fit. A little heavy but at least it's sturdy. I'm also using WiFi to connect although the the PP mount there is no difficulty in connecting via OTG.

Are you able to download maps for offline use as I noticed this option has been removed from the Go 4 app in the latest version for the CrystalSky?

Hi guys, I have just received my CrystalSky 5.5" unit and am using the PolarPro mount. Very comfortable and easy to fit. A little heavy but at least it's sturdy. I'm also using WiFi to connect although the the PP mount there is no difficulty in connecting via OTG.

Are you able to download maps for offline use as I noticed this option has been removed from the Go 4 app in the latest version for the CrystalSky?

I was able to download offline maps using a method that was posted on the CS DJI forum.
Basically turn on wifi and connect to a network. When you open the Go 4 app on the CS select the Inspire instead of the Spark. Tap the 3 lines icon at top right and look for the offline maps selection and tap it. If the offline maps selection is not there then close app and keep trying. Took me a few tries for offline maps to show up in the menu but it did eventually. Once you download the offline maps for the area you want it will always be available.

Dan how well does the screen work in the sunlight? Thanks Ron
the screen is the best I have had !!! its nice to not worry about the sun glare on the screen.... 1 downside.... Im having problems with wifi and hooking the spark to it. Im guessing i need a cable

Hello All! Ok so I go take out the Mavic and Crystal sky... no worries, no problems . Well after I was shown how to physically get it installed.lol... But the Spark and crystal sky is another deal. so can someone please tell me why it would have a problem hooking into wifi on Spark, Do I need a cable instead?

Hello All! Ok so I go take out the Mavic and Crystal sky... no worries, no problems . Well after I was shown how to physically get it installed.lol... But the Spark and crystal sky is another deal. so can someone please tell me why it would have a problem hooking into wifi on Spark, Do I need a cable instead?

Do you actually see the Spark Remote Controller SSID when you try to link to it from the CS thru wi-fi, if you don't you might need to re-link the RC to the AC

the screen is the best I have had !!! its nice to not worry about the sun glare on the screen.... 1 downside.... Im having problems with wifi and hooking the spark to it. Im guessing i need a cable

Dan, you cannot connect the Spark controller to the Crystalsky with a cable, it doesn't work. Wifi is the only way right now.

Dan, you cannot connect the Spark controller to the Crystalsky with a cable, it doesn't work. Wifi is the only way right now.

In principle it does work, you just don't get any flight telemetry

In principle it does work, you just don't get any flight telemetry

Iannes do you have a CS? I do and it does not work with Spark Controller OTG and CS. CS uses Go 4 app version 4.1.18

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewDatcu