Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Checking if on US version

Sorry, maybe not the right word :oops:
As I said, post #14, I am using Winsurfers reflectors, so it is not exactly stock CE Spark and it was at locations where I am at least 3 km away for first house. So there was nobody around.
Having measured output power of Phantom 3 RC, DJI set CE for Switzerland. I don't think they have changed their mind and make an exception for a so small country like mine when defining Spark.

@Pac : .500/AC and .300/RC
Now it's possible that the .DJI.configs file only works once (or has to be write protected) because when I fired it up yesterday it did say something about the "wrong wifi region" and not knowing what it meant at the time I accepted. Maybe that file had switched it to FCC after all. Never got that message again until I fired up the modded 4.4.13 and got the WiFi switch that I accepted and have cancelled ever since with stock 4.4.15 ;-) Other than the 180° Pano there are no new features are there ? I think the smoother gimbal rotation is from the RC directly ?

So you have used the configs with .500/.300 succesfully, at least one time? If it gets overwritten, this should be easy to check and I will do that.
You are on Android with the config files?

Dunno, since there is sure way of making it work, i.e. running the modded 4.4.13 and then cancelling when it wants to change the WiFi location when running 4.4.15, I'm not going to spend time going back to try and figure out if .DJI.configs works. If you do, let us know !

Ok I checked and can confirm that the dji configs file is not overwritten - took it straight of the app through iFunbox and compared it to the original, it's the same byte-per-byte.
So I downgraded my Spark from .500 to .300 - still 13 channels on 2.4Ghz. When I connect the OTG, I cant change (or even view) channels anymore.

Seems like Spark and configs is a no-go :-(

I don't see any way to switch to 2.4ghz but I see this. How do I know if I'm on FCC or CE mode?

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 27
Have you tried clicking custom and seeing if you can change it there?

On my iPad, if I do not connect to my controller via WiFi first, just go straight otg, I get 2.4gh. If I let it connect to the rc via WiFi before I Plug in the otg I get 5.8gh. I can then either unplug the otg and connect via WiFi to keep 2.4 or the opposite to keep 5.8.

Have you tried clicking custom and seeing if you can change it there?

On my iPad, if I do not connect to my controller via WiFi first, just go straight otg, I get 2.4gh. If I let it connect to the rc via WiFi before I Plug in the otg I get 5.8gh. I can then either unplug the otg and connect via WiFi to keep 2.4 or the opposite to keep 5.8.

I did the trick of connecting via WIFI and then going to OTG, it was still showing 5.8 ghz, then I switched off wifi completely and it shows 2.4ghz, but it's still on the 149 channel, which I believe is 5.8ghz? - so it seems to show the wrong channel mode when using an OTG.

Any ideas how to check if that's FCC or CE mode?

Attachments

• IMG_2261.PNG
    IMG_2261.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
I did the trick of connecting via WIFI and then going to OTG, it was still showing 5.8 ghz, then I switched off wifi completely and it shows 2.4ghz, but it's still on the 149 channel, which I believe is 5.8ghz? - so it seems to show the wrong channel mode when using an OTG.

Any ideas how to check if that's FCC or CE mode?
Yes, read my previous reply

Heres my FCC mode

26001007_10214982579627603_4155813061357404541_n.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef