Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

4.2.4 - Android - Tremendous Lag - Makes App Unusable

I maybe wrong, but I don’t think DJI posts a list of old APKs any where officially.

Thanks.

How do the Spark/RC/Battery firmware updates relate to the app updates? If you downgrade the app will you still receive the last firmwares?

With .15 everything works as it should with OTG.
With .22 everything works as it should with WiFi only.
With the new ver. 4.2.4 with my android device it will not work with OTG and with WIFi I have the lag issues.

You will be asked through the Google play store to update. You will need to turn off auto update so that the add will not roll back to the new one.

As I said befor I fly with both Android and ISO. I mainly fly all my machines with IOS, but I do a lot of testing with my android devises.

Reactions: jonnybflyguy
Tnx. Your experience is the same as mine.

I too am now using Android and iOS. My personal issue is the iPhone 6 I am now using is much smaller than my Nexus 6p. Would much prefer using the 6p.

The Firmware questions? Will earlier DJI Go versions still facilitate the latest Spark firmwares?

Will earlier DJI Go versions still facilitate the latest Spark firmwares?
Yes, for now. At some point in the future I can see DJI forcing a current app version before allowing firmware updates. Should be a non-issue, though, as long as DJI Assistant 2 can do the firmware updates.

Sorry,
Yes, I am running the latest as of today.
  • Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.0900
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.0400

Yes, for now. At some point in the future I can see DJI forcing a current app version before allowing firmware updates. Should be a non-issue, though, as long as DJI Assistant 2 can do the firmware updates.
Thanks. Prefer using Assistant anyway as the app is way tooooo will it finish, will bomb? Lol

Does this mean I should use this instead of 4.1.15?

4.2.5 is just for IOS right now. It is supposed to take care of some IOS version compatibility problems. 4.1.15 for Android if you are running OTG.

I too had problems with the new updates for Android. The RC would lag. Turning the Spark side to side was erratic and the up and down stick sometimes wouldn't respond. It mostly always warn of no connection and picture/video feed would be pixelated on the phone and warn of no signal. I wonder if DJI tested the new app before releasing it to the public.

"I wonder if dji tested the app before releasing it to he public"... laughable, didn't you know we're official alpha testers for dji? Hah.

Lag wise, I see a lot of it when I first fire up the app, regardless of the device being used (I have a total of 4 to choose from, up to a 10.1" tab4). All is usually takes is backing out of the app, killing it (along with all other tasks) in task manager, then re-launching the app.

For whatever reason, this usually drops my lag below 250ms or so, which is about as real time as it gets without inviting bill mahar over. At most, I've had to repeat the procedure twice, but it usually does the trick after the first attempt. Give it a try and see if it doesn't atleast make a difference. (I'm guessing ram loading?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502