Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

WoulD

Nobby

Join
Jul 7, 2017
Do think that DJI would have sold as many Spark Drones in the US if they had the same wireless transmission rules ie the FCC /EC . 2000m/500m . This I’m fully aware is due to local laws not a DJI problem. But it makes you wonder why in EU/EC country’s we are paying full price for something that has been turned into a shadow of that DJI imagined. Would the US put up with that …………..

Wouldn't you have this issue when flying other drones too?

Reactions: weiss.hank
Other Wi-Fi based ones yes... that's probably why most of them don't use Wi-Fi ;)

It's not the band that counts, it's the modulation, compression and so many other aspects...
The Wi-Fi protocol was never meant for long range. It's used in the Spark most likely due to size, power consumption and maybe cost reasons, but for example the custom transmission method used in the Mavic even if it uses the same frequency band and operates within the same regulatory limits achieves about 5-10x better performance.

Hasn't put me off. I honestly don't see the attraction/point of flying a drone this small so far. You can barely see it as it is.

Reactions: mick92780
Personally, I wouldn't need more than that.

Can anyone actually see the Spark at 500 meters? Under average conditions, I know I couldn't.

The point is rather that the transmission can already be spotty at 100. Both are linked, so when managing a better link at short range you also gain on the long end even if that's not the actual goal.
Easier to quantify the max range than "how good it feels at short range" though.

Something new, what's the technology than in transmission other than 2.4ghz and 5ghz ?

4G is starting to be used. Obviously this is not ideal out in the boonies (which is why they have the traditional signal as well). But with a cell signal, LOS is no longer an issue. This will be huge for commercial applications once the FAA relaxes the VLOS rule.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmizzoni