Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Witch device?

Criptix

Join
Aug 17, 2017
Loc
Brugges Belgium
Hi guys. I need urgent help and expertise with something [emoji6].
I am using alcatel touch idol3 to fly my spark with remote. I have issues when flying the bird. When it is +80m away the video connection quality is gone and the app says "connection quality is bad plz re-adjust your antenna's". And when I fly with 2 batteries in a row, the second battery let the app crash and doesn't record the logs like it schould (and the first battery).
After testing all I can (like killing the app and restarting when second battery is up and running) I am giving up on the device to fly with.
Now my question and I know there are many discussions on it: if I buy a new dedicated device to fly, what would u guys recommend? Now I am using a android one.
I want a device witch really works and lasts for a long time.
The options I was looking into are the googles Re, iPad mini 4 and christalsky.
The less money the better, but it must be a good option and I can't make up my mind because I am afraid to make a bad choice.
I need the bird to make movies and now I can't.

Hi guys. I need urgent help and expertise with something [emoji6].
I am using alcatel touch idol3 to fly my spark with remote. I have issues when flying the bird. When it is +80m away the video connection quality is gone and the app says "connection quality is bad plz re-adjust your antenna's". And when I fly with 2 batteries in a row, the second battery let the app crash and doesn't record the logs like it schould (and the first battery).
After testing all I can (like killing the app and restarting when second battery is up and running) I am giving up on the device to fly with.
Now my question and I know there are many discussions on it: if I buy a new dedicated device to fly, what would u guys recommend? Now I am using a android one.
I want a device witch really works and lasts for a long time.
The options I was looking into are the googles Re, iPad mini 4 and christalsky.
The less money the better, but it must be a good option and I can't make up my mind because I am afraid to make a bad choice.
I need the bird to make movies and now I can't.

Check this list.

Reactions: Criptix
If seen the list. Thx for posting it!
My preference goed to the iPad mini 4. But it's 2,5 years out now and I don't know how long it will last. And I don't know if I could use the otg with it.

If seen the list. Thx for posting it!
My preference goed to the iPad mini 4. But it's 2,5 years out now and I don't know how long it will last. And I don't know if I could use the otg with it.

OTG for the Spark is not officially supported.

If and when DJI supports OTG for the Spark, it will be GO4 software-based, not device-based.

I'm using a s7-edge in airplane mode. Drone is flying on 2.4 and my phone is connected on 5.8, I check for wifi singal interference every time I fly in a new location, and change my settings accordingly. I can easily fly to 4000 feet before I get some singal drop and a little stuttering in the video. I usually lose all radio connection at 6000 feet. Within 3500 feet it's absolutely flawless. Making a channel change at the start of my day has helped a lot.

Reactions: Criptix
Thx for the replys. I am testing with my galaxy S5 atm. The flight logs record well now but the message of "bad video connection, please re-adjust the antenna's" is still appearing.
I fly on airplane mode to. Just wifi and GPS on.
The channels I use must be 2,5 ghz from phone to controller and from controller 5,8 ghz to spark.
I can't put the spark on a 2,5ghz connection... I looked inside the settings in the app.
I am going to look around a bit and think witch device I am going to buy to keep a steady videofeed so I am able to film.

Reactions: Rob Stowell
What did you chose and how did you get on? I'm also struggling to use the spark - the go 4 app is hopeless on my phone for monitoring (and crashes often too.) I'm only really interested in footage and occasional photos so need decent monitoring. Will buy a dedicated device if it helps but limited budget.

Thx for the replys. I am testing with my galaxy S5 atm. The flight logs record well now but the message of "bad video connection, please re-adjust the antenna's" is still appearing.
I fly on airplane mode to. Just wifi and GPS on.
The channels I use must be 2,5 ghz from phone to controller and from controller 5,8 ghz to spark.
I can't put the spark on a 2,5ghz connection... I looked inside the settings in the app.
I am going to look around a bit and think witch device I am going to buy to keep a steady videofeed so I am able to film.
How can you fly on airplane mode and use wifi??

How can you fly on airplane mode and use wifi??

Airplane mode shuts off the data stream, i.e. cellular service.

WiFi remains active unless you turn that off too.

Hence the name Airplane Mode, to be used while on aircraft.

Airplane mode shuts off the data stream, i.e. cellular service.

WiFi remains active unless you turn that off too.

Hence the name Airplane Mode, to be used while on aircraft.
Are you joking?
On airplane mode you CANNOT connect to wifi and it is impossible to fly the spark without otg. At least with my samsung phones.

Are you joking?
On airplane mode you CANNOT connect to wifi and it is impossible to fly the spark without otg. At least with my samsung phones.
Using an S5, galaxy with otg. No problems. the s5 has 3gis of ram, enough to run Go app well. Try force closing the go app prior to using. Sometimes this resolves connections. Once airplane mode is turned on, then you restart wifi only.
good luck

Are you joking?

Seems to work that way with my mini4 and my Samsung Galaxy s7.

Also on my Motorola Moto z2.
o_O

I too started with the Alcatel Touch Idol 3 and had similar problems. Tried to use it as a dedicated device with everything stripped off I could. Very erratic video and the app would crash. I could always bring the ac home with the remote though. I liked it because the screen was good in sunlight but had to move on to other devices. Still trying phones borrowed from family members when I can. My BlackBerry Motion (also borrowed) works fine but would like to find an inexpensive dedicated device. Let us know what you settle on.

Reactions: Rob Stowell
I'm not having any success with an s5 mini. Might see if I can borrow my wife's S7 :) Definitely use airplane mode, close everything else that's running, turn WiFi on and connect to the rc. Still hopeless lag and distorted picture - and fairly regularly the app crashes. I'll get a device if I have to - but want to get something that works and isnt too expensive. not going to buy a top line phone for twice what the drone cost just in the hope I'll be able to fly.

Are you joking?

Sure you can.
I know it is an iPhone I have but that is what Airplane Mode is - shut down the data connection.
Here, I can still make calls using WiFi.

20180729_032929000_iOS.jpg

What did you chose and how did you get on? I'm also struggling to use the spark - the go 4 app is hopeless on my phone for monitoring (and crashes often too.) I'm only really interested in footage and occasional photos so need decent monitoring. Will buy a dedicated device if it helps but limited budget.
Hi, I am using a samsung tab S2 8 inch atm. Otg and app works just fine. The setup process to get everything working is hard to find but once you know how it goes within 2mins.

Ended up with a Huawei mi3 It's very capable all round. Tho I do seem to lose streaming connection when beyond about 200m.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502