Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Will the Spark get asteroid and boomerang!?

Honestly I think it will. It's software based and I dont see how all the new cameras on the mavic air will change all the different flight modes.

Honestly I think it will. It's software based and I dont see how all the new cameras on the mavic air will change all the different flight modes.
It won’t. They’ll save them for the Mavic Air. The Phantom never got the Mavic features. Apple give each new iPhone model specific features. It’s a proven business model for tech products.

It won’t. They’ll save them for the Mavic Air. The Phantom never got the Mavic features. Apple give each new iPhone model specific features. It’s a proven business model for tech products.
Yes that seems to be true.

I've got good results sometimes and not others. The last time I was flying it couldn't make up it's mind. It would hand launch and give me the green lights. When holding my palm out it lights would flicker red to green and back. I could move the drone up and down but not side to side. It would hand land when the palm was placed under it. It's a mystery.

Mind sharing if you have included any accessories like sun shades or filters? It maybe obstructing the sensors. I am just guessing.

There is a reported known issue with gesture tracking and a too-well lit subject. I've had this on a sunny day, totally stock. I believe this is because the Spark uses, first and foremost, infrared for tracking.

Mavic Air, by contrast, uses stereo optical cameras.

Last edited:
Of the new features, I only see Boomerang as possible, as it is basically an elliptical orbit.

Asteroid requires combining a few different shots, so needs some processing power that I doubt the Spark has. You could always do it in post, combining the sphere with a dronie.

As for the new gestures, I'll say a hard no. I'm 90% certain that the 2 hand "zoom" requires the dual active track capability.

I understand the Boomerang effect, but what exactly is the Asteroid effect? It somehow combines fotos and video?

Done it all maybe my spark dont like my face

Make sure to select gesture control in the app. Also if your remote is connected to the Spark make sure you click on gesture in the smart flight options

I understand the Boomerang effect, but what exactly is the Asteroid effect? It somehow combines fotos and video?

It combines a dronie with a spherical panorama. See below, Asteroid at 1:17:

It is a pretty cool shot, but to be honest I'm not sure if I would get enough use out of it to need it as a quick shot. You can also do the exact same thing in Pr/Ae/FCP, or even the basic versions of all those. More work, sure, but for the very few times you may use it?

I've got good results sometimes and not others. The last time I was flying it couldn't make up it's mind. It would hand launch and give me the green lights. When holding my palm out it lights would flicker red to green and back. I could move the drone up and down but not side to side. It would hand land when the palm was placed under it. It's a mystery.
Had the same resuresuas you, the proprob is contrast I put on some blue emt gloves and it worked perfectly

It combines a dronie with a spherical panorama. See below, Asteroid at 1:17:

It is a pretty cool shot, but to be honest I'm not sure if I would get enough use out of it to need it as a quick shot. You can also do the exact same thing in Pr/Ae/FCP, or even the basic versions of all those. More work, sure, but for the very few times you may use it?

Wow, that really is cool. I bet it will come to the Spark in a while, maybe next year or something. If it can do the sphere thing, it should be able to do this.

Wow, that really is cool. I bet it will come to the Spark in a while, maybe next year or something. If it can do the sphere thing, it should be able to do this.

It depends where the render is being done. If in the drone, no possible way. If being done phone side, then maybe. Taking a Panorama and animating it are very different things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar