Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wet Spark

CmdrRenHoek

Join
Dec 25, 2017
I landed in water. Got it out in 30 seconds. I have it upside-down in rice. I plan to leave it over night then use can of air to clean out. Any other suggestions?

First take out the battery and bring it to a recycling collect point, it is at risk.
If the water was dirty, when water dry, any dust will remain in the Spark.
Usually it is recommended to clean it with fresh and clean water brought by the original splash, then use warm air dryer as much and when possible open go for desiccant or rice (desiccant better but rice more easy to found). In all the process, better to open it an have access to the inside.
The second of above 2 links sounds like really valuable information as a neutral test.

Last edited:
I landed in water. Got it out in 30 seconds. I have it upside-down in rice. I plan to leave it over night then use can of air to clean out. Any other suggestions?

If the Spark went swimming in salt water, it's days may be numbered due to internal corrosion no matter how clean you get it.

I would look at those Amazon Prime day referb Sparks. 250.00 with warranty for 1 year is not bad.

let it sit in the sun . the sun will dry it out , turn it over from time to time . also calcium chloride ( snow melt ) will work better than rice , place your spark in a large enugf container , try it you have nothing to loose . works for me .

Hi all,
Kinda the same situation as the first post, i was filming a waterfall didn’t see a tree and my drone fell in the (sweet) water. It was in the water for about 2 minutes, drone and battery still on. Got the battery after that out and let the drone and battery dry for 2 days. The drone does still connect and the battery seems working fine. But every time I connect it is will say that there is a battery error. I tried it with 4 different battery’s. Anyone know what to do, as the service phone number of DJI wasn’t much of help. I’m currently in week nr 1 of my six week trip so any help is very much appreciated. Also, I haven’t seen any shop around here to (maybe) buy a new drone or get some information.

Thanks in advance!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar