Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video Jerkiness

Kenneth Pearson

Join
Dec 30, 2017
I am contemplating getting a Spark but I have noticed that there is often jerkiness in some of the videos on You Tube. If this is what I can expect from the camera I would not buy the drone. Is it a matter of camera settings, SD card, editing or just an inferior camera ?

It'll jerk if you rotate left or right while shooting (the missing axis), or if you record while speeding around in Sport mode. Wind might make it jerk too.

Like all things, the better you are, the better the output will be. Your output will get better as the Spark becomes your 5th limb!

Reactions: Hamid
The majority I see is editing, and skills as RaspPiGuy said. Most smooth videos you see in any camera is short clips that look cool, and go well with other short clips, that's cause you shoot an hour of footage, then only use 1/10th of it or less for videos because most of it is awkward angles, bad video, has unstable content, or other things that just don't look good. These things get better with time of course :)

No, it’s not editing, it’s the camera getting the shakes relative to the ground. It seems to be caused by wind and yes it does happen occasionally. The tilting (roll) that happens in sport mode is also something different. The fact that the gimbal is 2-axis isn’t really the cause (the missing axis is yaw - not roll)

Thanks for all the replies. I want the Spark because it is so compact that it can be taken anywhere and it is not likely to upset the public, as it looks like one of the many toy drones that copy it. I have a Xiaomi Mi drone, which has a 3-axis gimbal, and I have also used cheap 2-axis digital gimbals on drones that I have built myself. I have not noticed significant jerkiness with any of these so I was surprised to see it in videos from such a sophisticated drone as the Spark. I’m inclined now to think that it is missed frames in the editing so I guess I’ll get one anyway and see how I get on.

Thanks for all the replies. I want the Spark because it is so compact that it can be taken anywhere and it is not likely to upset the public, as it looks like one of the many toy drones that copy it. I have a Xiaomi Mi drone, which has a 3-axis gimbal, and I have also used cheap 2-axis digital gimbals on drones that I have built myself. I have not noticed significant jerkiness with any of these so I was surprised to see it in videos from such a sophisticated drone as the Spark. I’m inclined now to think that it is missed frames in the editing so I guess I’ll get one anyway and see how I get on.

A quick YouTube search brought this up.

That may be what your seeing, so far any twitching in the video I’ve found seems to be my fault.

We discussed video choppiness in another thread. You must process at 30 fps rather than default which is 29.something. I had this issue and it fixed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502