Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Unable to transfer video from spark

Join
Apr 1, 2018
I've had the spark for about 1.5 weeks.
In that time, I've recently bought a controller for it. Prior to using the controller to fly, I was using the iOS app on my iPad Pro. With just the drone and iPad, I was able to, within the app, tramfery videos and pictures from the drone to the iPad. But now, using the controller and the iPad app, I'm not able to transfer video.. I believe pictures transfer just fine... Just no video. It starts to transfer, then I see the transfer speed slowly taper off until it gives me a connection error. Anyone else have this issue?IMAG3815.jpg IMAG3816.jpg

Hello from the Mid-West, BOLTS4BREKFAST.

I don't think the files will transfer wirelessly, you have to have a physical connection between the Spark and the device you're downloading to or take the SD card out and use a card reader to get the files in your device.

The images / videos you have on the device now is cached and the quality is poor.

I fly with a mini4 but I always transfer the files to my PC at home via the SD card.

I haven't purchased a card reader yet for my mini4 as I do my editing on the PC and I don't want to fill up the mini4 to help keep it clean for flying only.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

I don't think the files will transfer wirelessly, you have to have a physical connection between the Spark and the device you're downloading to or take the SD card out and use a card reader to get the files in your device.

Yes files will transfer wirelessly. Did it before without the controller no problem.

Yes files will transfer wirelessly. Did it before without the controller no problem.

Ok. I've never tried it wirelessly.

I figured why have the Spark powered up for the transfer process whether by cable or WiFi.

I save the battery for flying.:)

In that time, I've recently bought a controller for it. Prior to using the controller to fly, I was using the iOS app on my iPad Pro. With just the drone and iPad, I was able to, within the app, tramfery videos and pictures from the drone to the iPad. But now, using the controller and the iPad app, I'm not able to transfer video.. I believe pictures transfer just fine... Just no video. It starts to transfer, then I see the transfer speed slowly taper off until it gives me a connection error. Anyone else have this issue?View attachment 4324 View attachment 4325
I’ve had the same issue however with a broken laptop and no cable to connect if you select the video, keep hitting download option and the video will download eventually. Obviously your battery will slowly decrease and takes a long time to transfer but it’s how it worked for me

In that time, I've recently bought a controller for it. Prior to using the controller to fly, I was using the iOS app on my iPad Pro. With just the drone and iPad, I was able to, within the app, tramfery videos and pictures from the drone to the iPad. But now, using the controller and the iPad app, I'm not able to transfer video.. I believe pictures transfer just fine... Just no video. It starts to transfer, then I see the transfer speed slowly taper off until it gives me a connection error. Anyone else have this issue?View attachment 4324 View attachment 4325
I've had the same issue. This was mostly on Android and never had the issue on IOS. Not sure what causes it. It seems after the last Dji go 4 app update it seems to be working fine now with Android as well. Otherwise just keeping hitting the download until it eventually completes. The best is to go via the pc for larger videos but that can be a mission when you want to download a quick video in 1080p

I use a sd card reader to transfer all my Spark videos to my iPad Pro for editing. Here is a video I made that shows how.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502