Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

To landing gear? or not to landing gear?

I’ve been using a small plywood surface that I’ve carried around with me which is the same idea but i was just kinda sketchy with sand and snow!

A landing pad or your palm is a much better option than "dusting off" from the ground.

Just think of all the particles blasted about at start up...waiting for GPS home point...and then lift off.

The debris could be circulating through the Spark via the on board cooling system and the motors themselves.

Fly Safe :).

A landing pad or your palm is a much better option than "dusting off" from the ground.

Just think of all the particles blasted about at start up...waiting for GPS home point...and then lift off.

The debris could be circulating through the Spark via the on board cooling system and the motors themselves.

Fly Safe :).
I’ve done that twice but i think I’ll do the palm landing during the sandy environments but i might get those polar landing skis for Landing

Have you flown it with them does it work fine and does it not interfere with flight or the display of the camera because i was thinking about get this model of landing gear
No issues whatsoever. They are a friction fit, but the holding brackets have a bit of tension and also a rubberized coating, so they won't fall off (at least thy haven't in -15F weather). They hold the Spark a little less than an inch off the ground, but that gives me a lot of comfort knowing that the gimbal won't eat a dirt meal.

Being a child of the 50's I loved watching all the crazy attempts at making weird flying machines. One of them was the Bell XV-3, which was their first attempt at a tilt rotor ( the V22 Osprey is a direct descendant). For some reason the Spark shadow above reminds me of this ship:

4564651688_4383822f9c_o.jpg

Go figure........

Jake

I use landers that clips to both arms to protect the gimbal when landing. They're not heavy at all

61cyeSqhBFL._SL1500_.jpg
I ordered these from Amazon. They look kind of promising. I'm not worried about the belly getting scrapped, I'm just worried about the gimbal.

These look interesting too, although they may be heavier than other.

Dave

i-2mNrRXN-XL.jpg

I have these from pgytech and I like them a lot, but I bought a thing that secures the battery to the spark, and prevents their use. In the market for something else.

IMG_1528.jpg

The polar pro look like they work, but I would be concerned about the narrow stance. It looks like it would tip over pretty easy.

I have these from pgytech and I like them a lot, but I bought a thing that secures the battery to the spark, and prevents their use. In the market for something else.

View attachment 2710

The polar pro look like they work, but I would be concerned about the narrow stance. It looks like it would tip over pretty easy.

Do these legs block out much of the lights.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis