Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sport Mode

Update:
I’m about ready to accept the fact that these two options may never work. I still Love my Skeeter!!
Thanks everyone for all your ideas, but it looks like I’m overlooking something!

Hi Old Man Grizz

In your situation, when you're not able to activate a mode or setting we all enjoy, I would think about updating/reinstalling firmware for both Spark and Remote Control.
Dji Assistant 2 will prob be needed.
Maybe someone experienced will make a step by step guide here for you :)
Something is def wrong. Don't give up, reward is sweet!

No I didn’t
I will try tonight!
I just tried going through with the OTG again. This time I tried quick shot,(worked fine) then back to Normal Mode. Still no change.
I’m going to reinstall DJIGO4 app and start from “GO!”
Thanks for all your positive input Folks!

That's a firmware issue. I would set spark to factory settings, reinstall firmware (0900), reinstall controller firmware and that should solve your problem.

Thanks for your reply,
I have already redownloaded the DJIGOFLY4 app.
Is that what you mean by “reinstall firmware (0900)?
I’m still learning my way around so excuse me for being a bit ignorant, but what is (0900) ?
Thanks so much for your time!
Old Man Grizz

Power Spark on, then radio. When they're connected, startup app. When screen showing Spark comes up, press and hold down menu. Three slots in upper right corner. You'll see firmware versions for AC(aircraft) and RC. Newest firmware ends in 0900 for aircraft. Hit that choice to install. Same process for RC firmware

Power Spark on, then radio. When they're connected, startup app. When screen showing Spark comes up, press and hold down menu. Three slots in upper right corner. You'll see firmware versions for AC(aircraft) and RC. Newest firmware ends in 0900 for aircraft. Hit that choice to install. Same process for RC firmware
I’m looking at it now.
I am at 0900 now, it wants to know if I want to Downgrade it to 0800.
RC is 0400

Just a guess are you going into Sport from a hover? Mine works every time.

Last edited:
Hello Joe, welcome to the forum. May I suggest you go to the first post (page 1) of this blog and start reading from there, its a good place to start.;)
Howdy Folks!
Since I began this thread, I have tried all the suggestions made by you kind people. The last thing I did was to use my IPhone 7S with the RC.
The custom buttons work now, but still no Sport Mode.
Thanks so much for ALL your ideas and suggestions, this Old Fart really appreciates the help!
Old Man Grizz
Oh yeah, I usually use a dedicated Samsung Tablet.

Howdy Folks!
Since I began this thread, I have tried all the suggestions made by you kind people. The last thing I did was to use my IPhone 7S with the RC.
The custom buttons work now, but still no Sport Mode.
Thanks so much for ALL your ideas and suggestions, this Old Fart really appreciates the help!
Old Man Grizz
Oh yeah, I usually use a dedicated Samsung Tablet.
Hi,
I can confirm , I have the same problem here. Same message on the screen .

I tried everything listed here.
I tried firmware refresh with the Dji assistant.

For now i dont really need the sport mode , but I hope to find the solution
Someday

Ok I found the solution,
I made a "reset to default" with the Dji assistant
(With the spark connected to the computer)
Now I have access to the sport mode !

Reactions: idbl_fanatic
Congrats persistence pays off!
Is there a way to reset to default with The DJIGO4 app.?
DJI assistant is another mountain that I haven’t conquered yet. I downloaded it but it tells me I have driver problems when I hook up my Spark.
And Yes, I Still Love My Little Spark!
Thanks Folks!
Old Man Grizz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast