Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sport Mode

Old Man Grizz

Join
Mar 10, 2018
Howdy Folks!
This is the “slowly getting educated 64 yr old”
I Love my Spark!
I have over 50 GREAT flights and I believe I have a pretty good understanding of how and why it works.
My problem is that I can not get it into Sport Mode. I flip the switch, nothing....
I have reloaded the DJIGO4 app, still no Sport Mode. I really don’t need it, but I would love to try it!
Any help from You Awesome Folks would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Thanks for your time,
Old Man Grizz

Thanks!
Unfortunately, the area for Enabling Intelligent Flight Mode does not appear in my settings screen.
Everything looks just like the picture, except it goes from Return To Home Altitude, and next is
Beginner Mode.
It looks like the entire line I need to enable Intelligent Flight Mode is not there!
I’m probably missing something,
But sure could use some ideas!
Thanks,
Bob

That screen shot is not of the Spark unless it's from a modded app.

There is no switch to turn OFF the GPS and VPS on the Spark.

Make sure the Begginer Mode is OFF, and that the maximum flight speed is toggled.

March 30, 2018 12656 PM EDT.jpg March 30, 2018 12814 PM EDT.jpg Screenshot_20180330-132418.png

Good Luck.

Interesting, I did not check the forum I passed on in the link, just suggested Grizz may find his answer, so I just looked and the info is not correct. Thanks for clarifying. I was looking at your posts for max flight speed settings and I did not have that setting in my menu. Switched everything off and back on and there it was. Weird!!
Grizz, did this work for you? If not, when you toggle the sport switch, does the icon for intelligent flight modes (left side of DJI Go 4 screen) also toggle off and on?

Howdy,
I just checked her out again. Definitely not in Beginner Mode, and speed set at max.
Tried to use Sport Mode, No Go, it gave me a message that Intelligent Flight Mode was not on, please reset in Main Menu....
My question is kind of like....Where???
Another side question, my options for the Custom Buttons on the controller don’t change when I change them in settings. I change to Navigation, and it stays on Camera Control.
It’s a cold, Winters Day in Michigan, so I’m just trying to figure out my Sport Mode, and Custom Buttons.
Thanks so much for your help!!!
Old Man Grizz

Perhaps too obvious, but is everything on and showing connected? No interference?
Howdy Bob,
Everything connects perfectly, I have 11 satellites in use, everything else works flawlessly, No OTG, never needed to try it, android Tablet.
I have never gotten it in to Sport Mode. In my 50 or so learning flights, it never worked...
Thanks for your help,
Bob
Old Man Grizz

Does this icon appear on your screen?

March 29, 2018 125021 PM EDT.jpg

And when (if) you click it, it should go to this screen.

April 4, 2018 44858 PM EDT.jpg

Insure that you are in Normal Mode.

I'm not sure if you may have tried one of these features but maybe one of these are still ON from a previous flight?

Maybe not helping here, but i've always seen "quick-shot..tapfly..gesture..active track"-page as Intelligent Flight Modes.
I enter page via Remote Control icon of left side right under Return to home and Launch icon (like on picture above).
If this icon is not on your screen, i think beginner mode is on. I could be wrong.
After enter first time, and agree on some information, i think Sport mode can be activated. And i think it can only be activated by remote control switch.
I've done Sport mode indoor, so i think satellites is not needed. I would advice to do it outdoor in open area the first couple of times. Space is needed for braking!

Be sure you are connected to remote control wifi, not spark wifi.

Also in my 50....doing Sport all day ;)

Howdy again from snow filled Michigan!
Thanks SO MUCH for all you folks help and ideas.
I have recalibrated my IMU.... no go
I have that icon on my screen, and I have flown in all the various modes available. When I get home, I will check to be sure I’m in “normal” mode.
I have tried it on my IPhone 7s, everything works fine, still no Sport Mode.
I just want to say that this thing is SO COOL!
We raise Clydesdales and I have gotten some awesome shots of them!
Who would have thought that a relatively computer illiterate 64 yr old could learn so much and have so much FUN!!
I learned so much from You Folks on this forum, and everyone has been so nice, and understanding!!!
Thanks a Million!
Bob Finlayson
Old Man Grizz

Reactions: Chris Zeller
Are you, or have you ever used an OTG cable? If you have in the past, re-connect it, and look for that setting, change it, and disconnect the OTG and see if it is working. DJO Go app does some funky things, and the setting change depending on using WiFi or OTG

When I first got it, I tried the Cable. It never worked right, no battery reading etc.
Used it once, scrapped it. I have had “0” problems with the WiFi connection.

When I first got it, I tried the Cable. It never worked right, no battery reading etc.
Used it once, scrapped it. I have had “0” problems with the WiFi connection.
Try connecting it back, and see if that setting is back, if it is, change it, and then close the app, and disconnect the cable, then put it back in your drawer

Update:
I checked to be sure I was in “normal” Intelligent flight mode. It was. Then I tried it with OTG cable,
It was just like my original experience, no battery data etc. I shut her down, removed the OTG cable, everything was fine. Still no Sport Mode,( it kept saying Intelligent Flight Mode was off, please turn on in General Settings). I also still can’t get the two programmable buttons to change from there original settings either.
I flew through all 5 of my batteries and she performed perfectly.
I’m about ready to accept the fact that these two options may never work. I still Love my Skeeter!!
Thanks everyone for all your ideas, but it looks like I’m overlooking something!

Update:
I checked to be sure I was in “normal” Intelligent flight mode. It was. Then I tried it with OTG cable,
It was just like my original experience, no battery data etc. I shut her down, removed the OTG cable, everything was fine. Still no Sport Mode,( it kept saying Intelligent Flight Mode was off, please turn on in General Settings). I also still can’t get the two programmable buttons to change from there original settings either.
I flew through all 5 of my batteries and she performed perfectly.
I’m about ready to accept the fact that these two options may never work. I still Love my Skeeter!!
Thanks everyone for all your ideas, but it looks like I’m overlooking something!

Did you go into those settings while you were connected to the OTG?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe