Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark wifi communications

Dave A

Join
Jan 4, 2018
Loc
Ontario
So I'm unclear about who the Spark is communicating with. I know if only using a phone to fly the Spark all communications are between these two things. However, when using the RC and a phone this is where I'm unclear as to who is communicating with who. Am I correct that in this situation the phone is only communicating with the RC and the RC acts as an in-between between the Spark and the phone?
In others words when using the RC my phone does not have a wifi connection with both the RC and Spark?
Hopefully I'm clear as to what I'm asking:)

Dave

Yes. That's correct. Your phone is connected to the controller. The controller is connected to the Spark. Your phone is not connected to the Spark directly in that scenario.

Great, thanks. So when using the RC whether you are using a smartphone or the Crystalsky with it there should be no difference in distance performance?

Dave

Great, thanks. So when using the RC whether you are using a smartphone or the Crystalsky with it there should be no difference in distance performance?

Dave
True, in theory. There seems to be anecdotal evidence that cases where "weak video transmission" messages that appear in the app when it still shows good wifi connection connection to AC - does not happen or is greatly reduced via OTG (which Crystalsky uses).

With me, I've see the issue on some device but not on others.

I'm not sure if I can add a question here to as it's kind of related and couldn't find a other post.

When I go to wifi settings, I see the current channel and wifi frequency. The shown freq, what is it? Is it to the phone or to the AC?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard