Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

spark range leaderboard

Ive flown out 4039m using range boosters, connection solid as a rock! The only reason I stopped there was the battery was at 54% and knew I had to get back. Turned around and touched down with only 9% remaining. So I'd say that's a realistic limit based purely on battery power.
Screenshot_20171215-170208.png

Reactions: Droggy
We recently ran a range competition on my facebook page and the winner managed 4637m! I managed 2716m and flew on 0% battery for about 60 seconds [emoji44]

Reactions: DJ_EYE
We recently ran a range competition on my facebook page and the winner managed 4637m! I managed 2716m and flew on 0% battery for about 60 seconds [emoji44]
That's brown patch right there! Haha

Did the winner manage to return and land back at the home point though?

Yep, feel free to come and have a look [emoji16] all proof of flights were posted so you can see them all [emoji106] group is DJI Mods - The spark side

Might have to create a friendface account just so I can check out your site! Sounds great! [emoji3]

Reactions: Damo
Hello All. I see some people have some amazing distance, and I'm curious who has an extender on their remote? I live in Florida and its difficult to get distance without interference. And im a little crazy but I don't like to take chances when im not ready to use my DJI insurance yet.lol...So who's using a signal extender?

Yes Im using one occasionally. Without it I start cutting out at 2600m, with the extender fitted there's no cutting out so far. Just limited on battery life at that point, which for me is approx 4100m when tested.

Reactions: Dan Catalo
BUT I will add that's in a no interference area, coastal small town. City would surely be much different.

Hello All. I see some people have some amazing distance, and I'm curious who has an extender on their remote? I live in Florida and its difficult to get distance without interference. And im a little crazy but I don't like to take chances when im not ready to use my DJI insurance yet.lol...So who's using a signal extender?

Yes, I'm using the reflective extender at times, and when I go for distance, I'm on my roof in a pretty densely populated area

SUGGESTION: Anytime someone posts a distance, and post "stock", "range booster" (and what kind), and perhaps even perceived wifi congestion...like, were there a lot of buildings around, or were you way out in the countryside, etc.

Ha not always had to drive 2 miles away to pick mine up before.

I've twice had to do the same thing. Both times it was found in about 30 minutes. My Spark did a complete loss of power last month at 395 ft. I am always checking to make sure the batteries are well seated. Some thought I had a 'brown out' as the video and signal loss came at a hard bank. DJI wouldn't warranty it because they couldn't tell what happened, so I bought another Spark on black Friday. Two weeks ago the missing Spark was found after helpful neighbors started searching after I put wanted signs up. The recovered Spark is currently at DJI in California, being stuck in the 1-3 days damage assessment for over 5 days. I said I'll just use my DJI care refresh if you will speed up the process. DJI said I'd have an invoice "For sure" on Friday. I didn't ask which Friday......grrrrr

Last edited:
I've twice had to do the same thing. Both times it was found in about 30 minutes. My Spark did a complete loss of power last month at 395 ft. I am always checking to make sure the batteries are well seated. Some thought I had a 'brown out' as the video and signal loss came at a hard bank. DJI wouldn't warranty it because they couldn't tell what happened, so I bought another Spark on black Friday. Two weeks ago it was found after helpful neighbors started searching after I put wanted signs up. The recovered Spark is currently at DJI in California, being stuck in the 1-3 days damage assessment for over 5 days. I said I'll just use my DJI care refresh if you will speed up the process. DJI said I'd have an invoice "For sure" on Friday. I didn't ask which Friday......grrrrr
Yeah also depending on what state you live in they maybe required by law to fix it. I know I'm wisconsin they are... I just hate having to call the hospital when ever I fly at home but rather call them get hit with a fine. One time the battery fell off the spark totally not fun at all but not one scratch on it with a 400ft free fall in a parking lot. My worst run away drone was found 7 miles away yeah scary. Dji makes great drones but there software is really bad.

Sent from my LGUS997 using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Man im impressed with everyones distance. Im going to the Beach sometime this week to see what distance I can really get. This is the only open Space where Im at that I can trust to do this. I don't like that I won't be able to see it , so I will have to get someone to go with me and put them about a mile away and go from there. But the positive side is that its so cold so not many people will be on the beach !!!! Im going to get an antenna extender also and try that.

Spark has been over 20k ft out and back on a Facebook leaderboard. There are 2 guys battling back and forth. Fun to watch.

Reactions: Damo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard