Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark gimbal error

Maki

Join
Nov 6, 2017
I'm a newbie and just bought my spark a month ago, haven't experienced any crash or whatsoever, firmware is updated ( go app etc.) always checking everything before I fly (reading a lot here)

I don't have any problems with it for the past weeks but when I tried it flying the other day and shoot some videos, it just showed the gimbal error. I landed and restarted the aircraft and it worked fine, but after a few seconds while flying the error displayed again. Restarted, fly and error.

Last night I tried flying it and after a few seconds, gimbal error. Restarted, worked fine, shoot some videos and landed. I replaced the battery, hovered for a few minutes, error showed again. I restarted and it worked fine.

Any explanation with these? I will try to fly it later and check if the error will show again.

Thanks!

Reactions: ProfPaul
I'm a newbie and just bought my spark a month ago, haven't experienced any crash or whatsoever, firmware is updated ( go app etc.) always checking everything before I fly (reading a lot here)

I don't have any problems with it for the past weeks but when I tried it flying the other day and shoot some videos, it just showed the gimbal error. I landed and restarted the aircraft and it worked fine, but after a few seconds while flying the error displayed again. Restarted, fly and error.

Last night I tried flying it and after a few seconds, gimbal error. Restarted, worked fine, shoot some videos and landed. I replaced the battery, hovered for a few minutes, error showed again. I restarted and it worked fine.

Any explanation with these? I will try to fly it later and check if the error will show again.

Thanks!

I have the same issue - very frequent "gimbal overload error" messages even on the calmest days... is this a defect? is there a solution? I also have been getting (timeout) errors when trying to take PAN pictures... im thinking its related to the gimbal as well

Reactions: ProfPaul
Type in "gimbal screws" in the search bar.

3 items pop up that may be related to your problem(s)?

I got a gimble overload yesterday. What caused mine was when I turned on the aircraft, i had it upside down in my hand. I think the drone needs to be level (almost completely flat) when it is turned on.

I think the drone needs to be level (almost completely flat) when it is turned on.

They do recommend that in the manual, yes. "as level as possible". Although they don't say "when", I would assume when you tap to turn it on, you get 3-4 seconds and then that melody, and then the fans come up. It's probably leveling the gimbal shortly after that point so try to have it level on the ground by then.

I am having a similar problem. I get this error most often when trying to take panoramic photos. I take off and everything is OK. When I initiate a panoramic sequence, the gimbal appears to stick in the down position. I go through this sequence ... Land - Shut it down - Touch the gimbal to unstick it - Start - Fly - and then after several minutes and trying to take a spherical panoramic, the gimbal sticks again. After three batteries, I was not able to get one spherical panorama to complete.

I have this error as well, now and then,
Every time which has been 3,4 times I just calibrate the IMU,
And problem solved for me, hope it helps.

Had similar problem with my phantom 3. I put in another mini sd card (or reformat current one) and problem goes away. I don't know why, this happens once every few months but the quick solution works each time.

Reactions: NDJollyMon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502