Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark + DJI Google | Critical issues

Got my DJI Goggles last week and did few flights with the Spark last week-end.

On the positive side, the image is clear and smooth. A lot smoother than if you use a cheap Android phone that may have a hard time decoding the video feed. Also, the fact that you're isolated from ambient light is really nice.

On the less positive side, there is a lot less information about the battery than with the DJI Go 4 application. You're only limited to remaining battery percentage. Forget the nice bar with estimated remaining time and suggested return-to-home point. You're really back to the basics.

Now, on the critically bad things.
  • Once you reach the low-battery level (the one previously set with DJI Go 4), you get a pop-up window advising you that return-to-home will be initiated in 10 seconds. You can either "confirm" or "cancel" using two buttons that you select with the touch pad. The problem is that the "cancel" button does nothing, whatever the number of times you select it. You therefore end-up with a forced return-to-home. This flaw cost me a minor crash as the Spark started to ascent to its RTH altitude but was underneath a large tree at this moment. Fortunately no damages.
  • For some reason, once connected to the goggles, the Spark remote buttons controlling the video and picture taking just stop working. Their only use at this point seems to change the resolution at which the video feed is sent - to match the resolution mode used by the camera. It was not able to ever take a picture or start filming with either the remote control or the goggles UI. This single issue makes the goggles totally useless.
As anyone had better success with their Spark and DJI Goggles?

For the record, all my equipment was using the latest firmware.
Very same thing happened to me, flying in my front yard under trees. Could not set RTH altitude to 10 feet. I was almost in a panic when the 10 sec warning sounded and then the Spark started rising unto the trees. Hitting the RTH button again saved the day

I just tried the DGI goggles with my spark and the latest firmware, go app 4 and controller and the goggles and I can't get the goggles to display anything on the spark.

Is there a magic setup?

Best regards,
Steve

Reactions: Edslittleworld
Yes! After Purchaing the DJI Goggles Micro USB OTG Cable.

Goggles now work just fine.

Hope that helped?
Best regards,
Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502