Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Continues to impress - I actually use it when I wouldn't dare use mavic

Looks great! Why wouldn't you use the Mavic here? (Asking as someone who is considering a Mavic)

Nice pic, what did you use for post editing?

Nothing, straight out of the spark! I returned a Mavic only bought at Sam's Club and bought a Mavic Fly More combo on sale at Best Buy for 1149.00. I also bought this spark to try and haven't activated the Mavic yet. This thing has rock solid 1080 video! I am trying to decide on just keeping the spark and returning the Mavic. I can see owning both but 1800.00.

Nothing, straight out of the spark! I returned a Mavic only bought at Sam's Club and bought a Mavic Fly More combo on sale at Best Buy for 1149.00. I also bought this spark to try and haven't activated the Mavic yet. This thing has rock solid 1080 video! I am trying to decide on just keeping the spark and returning the Mavic. I can see owning both but 1800.00.
I was in that very same boat. What I ended up doing.......wait for it.......wait for it........I added a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian to the lot! Doh!!!!! Darn, this drone addiction. :)

Super impressive for straight out of the camera!

Reactions: Vilco
I know this question wasn’t directed at me. But I own several drones, and honestly, the Mavic is my least used drone. Simply because its the “jack of all trades, master of none” for my needs and use. For me its a compromise of everything.

The Mavic isn’t as portable as the Spark when it comes to traveling with a drone, its camera is good but not as good as my Phantom 4, and I can’t think of how to compare it to the Inspire. I always tell people that are looking to buy a second drone, and have say a Spark buy a Phantom, Image quality is excellent and its larger size makes it easier to fly LOS, it sits higher off the ground, etc...

Even the ability to use the goggles and fly the Mavic isn’t all that great. I fly FPV drones and expected a similar experience... Nope the goggles and the Mavic are really a novelty for me. I could see it for SAR situations but as an Aerial Photographer not so much....

But to each his own....

Looks great! Why wouldn't you use the Mavic here? (Asking as someone who is considering a Mavic)

Reactions: RaspPiGuy
Hi everyone I’m a new spark owner. Just bought the fly more combo. Cool drone btw. First time drone owner. I’ve flown helicopters and planes but this is really something. My question is in the 360 pano mode when it goes to stitch it together it only goes about 1/4way and stops. It never finishes stitching the tiny world together. I actually ran the battery dead waiting on it. I’m indoing something wrong.

Hi everyone I’m a new spark owner. Just bought the fly more combo. Cool drone btw. First time drone owner. I’ve flown helicopters and planes but this is really something. My question is in the 360 pano mode when it goes to stitch it together it only goes about 1/4way and stops. It never finishes stitching the tiny world together. I actually ran the battery dead waiting on it. I’m indoing something wrong.
That stinks I just bought both the spark and Mavic pro platinum. Before the spark I was hell bent on the Mavic due to portability. Then I see what you can do with the spark so I was like I need both. I travel a lot and the spark definitely beats the mavic for portability. Hmm.

After Sunset pic with the Spark in Fairhope, Al.
Great Photo! Best thing about the Spark, you can get it in the air in a minute or so if need be. A few times I've been driving and seen a great sunset or something. Pulled over and got the Spark in the air in a minute or so...

I agree, the Spark is ultra usable. I actually start it in the morning and let it track me all day long. So, its immediately with me when I need it :)

When letting the DJIGO app stitch and render, the result is a very small file (1.5MB) suitable for Instagram or something, but not a high res photo.........take the 46 photos off the Spark uSD card and stitch and render on a desktop....you will get much better results and suitable for a large print.

Reactions: AryKN
When letting the DJIGO app stitch and render, the result is a very small file (1.5MB) suitable for Instagram or something, but not a high res photo.........take the 46 photos off the Spark uSD card and stitch and render on a desktop....you will get much better results and suitable for a large print.
Ok I will give that a try. Thanks. I just need to find a program to do that for Mac book pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast