Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark and Remote Control connection trouble

Ed82Rom

Join
Aug 2, 2017
Hi
I have that issue my drone didn't connect to the rc. Where RC is new and drone little used
When I start pairing procedure it comes to nothing!!
I try several times and also tried all firmwares for the drone and for remote control, and also nothing.
All I can do that connect spark with the phone.

So, i've do some tests
Take my RC to the shop and try to connect it to the new drone "from the shelf" and it connected from the first time, now I think there is my spark issue
Here you can see that connection issue

Last edited:
I don't see anything you would have done wrong in the binding procedure.
If I got it right you downgraded the firmware of the RC but the Spark is on the latest firmware ? Any reasons for that ?

I don't see anything you would have done wrong in the binding procedure.
If I got it right you downgraded the firmware of the RC but the Spark is on the latest firmware ? Any reasons for that ?
Hi
I done all manipulations with firmwares and nothing helps
Will send Spark to the repair shop

• Turn-on your RC
  • Start Go4 app, stay in main menu
  • Connect wifi to Spark-RC-xxxx
  • The connection button should turn blue, don't press it
  • On top right of main screen, there is a 3 lines icons (the one to show menu for flight records), press it for long (can be up to 10s on iPad)
  • If normal menu comes, just retry longuer
  • You should see the firmware management and here you can refresh / downgrade to previous versions

Reactions: Ed82Rom
In addition, for the Spark firmware, the recommended method is to use the DJI assitant 2 instead of doing it through the GO4 app.

• Turn-on your RC
  • Start Go4 app, stay in main menu
  • Connect wifi to Spark-RC-xxxx
  • The connection button should turn blue, don't press it
  • On top right of main screen, there is a 3 lines icons (the one to show menu for flight records), press it for long (can be up to 10s on iPad)
  • If normal menu comes, just retry longuer
  • You should see the firmware management and here you can refresh / downgrade to previous versions
Hi, would you by any chance know how to factory reset the RC?

Hi, would you by any chance know how to factory reset the RC?
There is not a factory reset button. Maybe there is magic combination of buttons, no idea about it.
What would be the closest to that would first try a refresh of firmware, then uninstall and clean all folder of Go4 app, reinstall Go4 app and check each parameters one by one.

There is not a factory reset button. Maybe there is magic combination of buttons, no idea about it.
What would be the closest to that would first try a refresh of firmware, then uninstall and clean all folder of Go4 app, reinstall Go4 app and check each parameters one by one.
Finally found what's causing the otg video feed lag. It's my microsd card! I refreshed and factory reset everything I could think of, including the phone, but it was still happening. Finally I thought about the microsd which was the only thing I hadn't touched. I suspect the file system was partially corrupted. Formatted the card and the lag went away. Who could've thought!!

Finally found what's causing the otg video feed lag. It's my microsd card! I refreshed and factory reset everything I could think of, including the phone, but it was still happening. Finally I thought about the microsd which was the only thing I hadn't touched. I suspect the file system was partially corrupted. Formatted the card and the lag went away. Who could've thought!!
Congratulations. Would have never thought to that. It is the SD in Spark, right ? Do you formatted it in a computer or within the app ?

Reactions: Ed82Rom
Congratulations. Would have never thought to that. It is the SD in Spark, right ? Do you formatted it in a computer or within the app ?
At first I switched it with another SD and the lag went away, then I formatted the problematic SD both on my pc then on the drone again, for good measure... :p

So hi again
Service bring my spark back
And they told me, that reason of connection failure was because of RC.
I don't know unfortunately what they have done, but now it's connect to the drone without any problems.
To my question what was the problem, they told me that there was some software problems with RC.
Also that this is not so often issue, but sometimes it happens.
And told me that it was just my bad luck to purchase rc that can't connect to my drone. Cos as I described earlier my rc was able to connect to other drone when I went to the shop, so it just don't wanted connect to my.

1-st potential method:
1) turn on spark, press button for approx. 6 sec (you need to hear 2 beeps) unpress button and turn spark off
2) turn on spark second time and press button for approx. 9 sec (you need to hear 3 beeps) and trun spark off
3) turn on spark third time and press button for approx. 2 sec (you need to hear 1 beep) and try to connect RC.
You need connect your RC to the Saprk when red led on the RC stops blinking and start light solid red.
2-nd potential method:
Turn off Controller and Spark
Turn on Controller Reset Controller (long press for 9 second Power Button)
Turn Off Controller
Turn On Spark Long press on Battery button for two beeps (6 second)
Turn off Spark
Turn On Spark Long press on Battery button for three beeps (9 second)
Turn Off Spark
Turn On Spark Once Again press on Battery button for two beeps (6 second) Then (without turn off) press on Buttery button for 1 beep (3 cecond)
Turn on controller Press tre battons Red Pause + Fn + Right Custom button till you hear short beeps and green sparking light
one more method
1 Turn off Controller and Spark
2 Turn on Controller
3 Reset Controller (long press for 9 second Power Button)
4 Turn Off Controller
5 Turn On Spark
6 Long press on Battery button for two beeps (6 second)
7 Turn off Spark
8 Turn On Spark
9 Long press on Battery button for three beeps (9 second)
10 Turn Off Spark
11 Turn On Spark
12 Once Again press on Battery button for two beeps (6 second) then (without turn off) press on Buttery button for 1 beep (3 cecond)
13 Turn on controller
14 Press tre battons Red Pause + Fn + Right Custom button till you hear short beeps and green sparking light
15 It must connect
These 3 methods helps to connect spark and rc for two different people.

Reactions: JEAN-PIERRE MISSON

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis