Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RTH - Return To Home

When the Spark was first released, CSC would work at anytime mid-flight. DJI later changed the default setting (which is hidden in DJI GO when using the Spark) to only activate mid-flight in an emergency situation.

Here's the setting that's available in DJI GO when flying most other DJI drones:

DJI-GO-Stop-Motor-Method-Apple.jpg

Reactions: Rafa7
Aha, you meant during flight. I always start and then sometimes stop (if I change my mind and not take off) the motors with this sticks position.

The data may show that, but that is not what happened.
Unfortunately, DJI will only go by the data recorded in the flight logs (not by what you recall happening). FYI, I've never seen incorrect data in a flight log.

Fortunately, the CSC part doesn't matter since that did not cause your Spark to ascend. I was just curious as to what happened at the end of the flight.

Unfortunately, DJI will only go by the data recorded in the flight logs (not by what you recall happening). FYI, I've never seen incorrect data in a flight log.

Fortunately, the CSC part doesn't matter since that did not cause your Spark to ascend. I was just curious as to what happened at the end of the flight.

I have already been convinced that this failure was my fault, so it does not matter what DJI thinks.

I see errors all the time between what is recorded and what the drone is doing, especially on DJI GO 4, e.g. drone is on landing pad and altitude shows 5 ft; same for airspeed.

I have already been convinced that this failure was my fault
How did you convince yourself of that?

I see errors all the time between what is recorded and what the drone is doing, especially on DJI GO 4, e.g. drone is on landing pad and altitude shows 5 ft
The altitude is only estimated by the flight controller, so one should never expect it to be 100% accurate.

How did you convince yourself of that?

The altitude is only estimated by the flight controller, so one should never expect it to be 100% accurate.
1. By allowing the battery to get precariously low
2. Not intervening soon enough to cancel the RTH

Since our craft and software is man made, one should never expect anything to be 100% perfect. Look at the numerous software updates. Some were improvements and some were to correct mistakes.

Ah, yes. I think you could have recovered from the failure. However, I'm still not sure why the Spark decided to ascend while flying back to the home point. Very odd indeed.

Ah, yes. I think you could have recovered from the failure. However, I'm still not sure why the Spark decided to ascend while flying back to the home point. Very odd indeed.
Received notification that my drone would be replaced and the cost was $69. They said it was my fault. I asked if they had diagnosed the problem from the data. Silence. Then they asked if I would send them the flight records (as you described how to do)

Thanks for the update. It'll be interesting to see what they say about the flight log.

Thanks for the update. It'll be interesting to see what they say about the flight log.
DJI finally responded to my request for a more detailed explanation. When RTH is triggered due to low/critical battery levels the drone will return at the altitude set in “Return-to-Home Altitude” box. It ignores what is set in the “Return at Current Altitude” box regardless of alititude or distance from the homepoint

When RTH is triggered due to low/critical battery levels the drone will return at the altitude set in “Return-to-Home Altitude” box.
That's an interesting response. I'd ask them why that did not happen then. Your Spark was ascending and flying back to the home point at the same time. If it was supposed to ascend to the RTH altitude, it should not have started flying back to the home point until it reached the RTH altitude.

That's an interesting response. I'd ask them why that did not happen then. Your Spark was ascending and flying back to the home point at the same time. If it was supposed to ascend to the RTH altitude, it should not have started flying back to the home point until it reached the RTH altitude.
It contacted the trees on the ascent before returning

It contacted the trees on the ascent before returning
Do you still have your TXT flight log? If so, please attach the TXT file here so I can review it again. I remember seeing something different.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502