Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Rigid props

I'll order a set this week and post results when I get them. Must be fairly new on the market.

I doubt there will be a noise difference UNLESS they've change the shape/design. I always caution people about CF props. They can cut you VERY bad. Much worse than the stock props which would probably break. So be very careful using them...

I'm just scared of swapping out props without the "OK" from DJI. Knowing that the entire aircraft was designed around the stock props and all the testing to find optimal motors / rpms / strain on motors, etc. just makes me uneasy. It's not like swapping out the top cover for a cooler color or something, it's actually changing one of the critical elements of the drone that all of the software and hardware were designed around.

Yeah, I'm a scaredee cat. :D

Would love to know what your experience is with them. I had seen them but didn’t want to try them for the reasons below. I don’t think these are actually hollow based on the thickness of the prop compared to a sheet of carbon fiber weave. These may not have much flex but they aren’t rigid since it is still a hinged design. The shape does not differ much from the stock props so I don’t expect much of an improvement.
I’m still looking for a non hinged prop with an improved acoustic profile that would eliminate some of the dead space in the center and hopefully squeeze another couple of minutes out of the battery.

Reactions: armando58
Would love to know what your experience is with them. I had seen them but didn’t want to try them for the reasons below. I don’t think these are actually hollow based on the thickness of the prop compared to a sheet of carbon fiber weave. These may not have much flex but they aren’t rigid since it is still a hinged design. The shape does not differ much from the stock props so I don’t expect much of an improvement.
I’m still looking for a non hinged prop with an improved acoustic profile that would eliminate some of the dead space in the center and hopefully squeeze another couple of minutes out of the battery.

I'd be prepared to pay for those two advantages, the drag from the standard prop hinged boss must be pretty significant and add to the noise, as well as reducing effective battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast