Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC in hold or cabin baggage

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Hi all. Off to Florida at the end of the month. Will carry by my 2 batteries in special pouches with terminal protetcors fitted in cabin baggage but since the RC has a battery is it best to have that in the cabin too?

The Remote has a lithium battery so technically it should be in your carry-on luggage.

Noooooo...

The FAA regulations only prohibit removable or loose/spare litium batteries from being placed in the cargo hold.

Non-removeable batteries can go on cargo hold or carry on. That's why it's permissible to leave a laptop or iPad in a checked bag for instance (ignoring the theft risk for a moment).

So the RC is considered to be in the same category as a cell phone or tablet as far as FAA/TSA is concerned. Airlines can have whatever rules they want but they generally aren't the ones searching your luggage.

Thanks all. Very helpful. I am still getting my daily bulletins into my Junk. I followed advice and deleted my preferences before I signed out and back in and then restated my preferences-daily and weekly summaries. Will just have to look in Junk I suppose.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Thanks all. Very helpful. I am still getting my daily bulletins into my Junk. I followed advice and deleted my preferences before I signed out and back in and then restated my preferences-daily and weekly summaries. Will just have to look in Junk I suppose.

I fixed it by adding the email it was sent from to my contacts. With most mail servers known contacts are excluded from the spam / junk folder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef