Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Precision landing caused a crash...

TriviumF22

Join
Jul 20, 2018
I'm not sure how to upload the file that shows the flight on the map (Go Flight Records), but I have it if someone can tell me... The app only gives the option to share to facebook, wechat, moments, twitter, tumblr, weibo, and qq. No link option?

Unfortunately I was not recording video on this flight, only snapping pictures.

The flight went really well this evening until landing, everything was good until the spark got down to about 35 or 40 ft above the takeoff spot, lined up perfectly, then it said "precision landing" and all of a sudden shot off over the roof of the house into my neighbor's back yard and smashed into a tree and a fence. It is the first crash for my spark and I'm quite pissed because I didn't even crash it... it did it on it's own. The playback log clearly shows no stick input.

Everything seems ok except it broke a prop... I need to figure out how to contact DJI as I feel they should replace the prop due to the crash being an issue with the drone and not user error.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
This may have been caused by RF interference but you can log an investigation through DJI support after you upload your logs via the DJIGo app. They usually respond with a recommendation.

Was anyone or anything around? Bluetooth?

The other day I was out on the deck having a fun flight. The wife came out to say hi and watch. Within seconds I got errors popping up regarding interference, she had her iphone and fitbit on her and was within 6 feet of me.

I quickly moved and explained the issue.

That has been a fear if mine. If I am in a field with nothing around I get a kick out of sparky landing so close to takeoff point, but if I am flying from rear garden with other houses etc around I will always cancel rth when it comes back into sight, and land it manually. Better safe than sorry.

Wow... Same thing happened to me. I usually take control of the Spark when I see it on RTH and land it manually. For some reason I decided to let it land on my patio on its own. When it got 39 feet over me it shot off to the left and hit a tree limb and fell onto the patio damaging it. I figured it was interference from my house and chalked it up to a lesson learned not to do that again. Used DJI Care Refresh and I am getting a replacement.

I've had weird things happen when returning from a flight around my friend's house in France.
I was bringing the Spark home manually and it started to descend without any inputs from me on top of his parked car instead of where I was 20ft away.
I managed to have some directional input when it was about to land on his car roof, and directed it to one side where it landed on the gravel driveway.

Checking around, and I think that his incoming overhead power cable was what caused the trouble, French properties often have their mains power provided from a nearby pole where UK properties are usually underground.

Were any or all of these instances of issues on Sparks that had the most recent update or is it totally unrelated?

Mine was prior to the latest updates. I think that the Spark can be easily affected by electromagnetic fields, and metallic structures.

My spark is brand new, I received it June 19th, 2018 and it's fully updated. There were no blue tooth devices etcetera around... I usually also manually land once in view, but for this night I for whatever reason figured it would do fine on it's own as all was going well until all of a sudden it shot off... Normally it wouldn't have been too big of an issue but I was sitting on the porch swing and it took off behind me where I couldn't see through the roof.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast