Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG

KevTN

Join
Apr 15, 2018
Loc
Chattanooga, TN
I am a bit confused. I have read and watched arguments for and against OTG cords. I will be getting a tablet holder for Christmas and will be using my 12.9 iPad. Trying to decide if I should invest in one. Thanks.

Why do you think you need one?

You can pick one up for $5-$10 on Amazon, so after spending several hundred on the drone I think it’s a no brainer. It reduces latency, and I like that I don’t need to mess with any WiFi settings on my iPhone, I just plug in the cable and I’m ready to roll.

OTG works great on iPhone and iPad for at least the last 6 months now. There are dozens of posts that say otherwise but they are old (check the date).

OTG cable is not much of an investment considering they are less than the cost of a sandwich.

The main advantage is the elimination of any RF interference between phone and Remote Control (more stable video feed, more responsive to joystick input).

Just make sure you try a different cable if first one disappoints. Lots of junk cables out there

I use this one...
Quality OTG cable for iOS devices $8

Reactions: KevTN
OTG works great on iPhone and iPad for at least the last 6 months now. There are dozens of posts that say otherwise but they are old (check the date).

OTG cable is not much of an investment considering they are less than the cost of a sandwich.

The main advantage is the elimination of any RF interference between phone and Remote Control (more stable video feed, more responsive to joystick input).

Just make sure you try a different cable if first one disappoints. Lots of junk cables out there

I use this one...
Quality OTG cable for iOS devices $8
Thank you for your input!

I am a bit confused. I have read and watched arguments for and against OTG cords. I will be getting a tablet holder for Christmas and will be using my 12.9 iPad. Trying to decide if I should invest in one. Thanks.

Which tablet holder will you use? I have a Tab Pro 12.2 that I want to use instead of my cell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis