Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG Cable

Jake Nunnelee

Join
Jan 1, 2018
I have the dji spark and I use the otg cable. Everything connects fine but on the dji app where you have your distance, height, battery percentage, etc.. it's not giving that information. As when I connect via WiFi it does. How do I get the info with the otg cable?

I think you have to go to the last version that the app worked with. Think it is 15, and there is a link in the forum where the app is located. You have to delete, then go to the mirror site. Log in and the app will sync up with phone.

Android or iOS?
What version of the app are you using? You might need to install an earlier version of the app.

I think you have to go to the last version that the app worked with. Think it is 15, and there is a link in the forum where the app is located. You have to delete, then go to the mirror site. Log in and the app will sync up with phone.
Okay thank you!

I have been using wifi exclusively. After watching all the youtube videos on the pros and cons, I find that it is more of a hassle than what it is worth to go with the OTG cable. No distance increase seems to be the conclusion of the vast majority of OTG researchers. So why do a procedure using the OTG cable that DJI doesn't necessarily approve? I haven't had any suability issues either using my iPhone 7 Plus or Mini 4. Just my opinion!

I would be very careful if using out of date software if you have care refresh. Not having the latest software is easily enough for Dji to refuse a claim..

Even military spec wireless solutions will have drop outs, it is the nature of the beast i'm afraid..

Power lines produce a huge magnetic field and your own transmissions can be reflected from buildings and come back as interference..

Not to hijack the thread but the OP as well as myself may find it useful. Anyway to load both versions on the same device instead of uninstalling and installing.

Obviously can be used for different reasons. Perhaps someone has two more more drones or want to fly with the latest version without and OTG cable.

Not to hijack the thread but the OP as well as myself may find it useful. Anyway to load both versions on the same device instead of uninstalling and installing.

Obviously can be used for different reasons. Perhaps someone has two more more drones or want to fly with the latest version without and OTG cable.
No.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none