Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG cable preventing RTH altitude change?

WilliamG

Join
Jan 11, 2018
Hey all,

For some reason when I use an OTG cable with my iPhone X to run DJI 4 app, I can't change the RTH altitude. I enter 100m, and then hit the X, and it's not saved.

However, when I use WiFi, it's set to 100m correctly.

Is there some issue with using the OTG cable and making these changes stick?

This is interesting! I've read multiple places that DJI dont wish the OTG cable to be used with the spark so maybe this sort of thing has been put into software on purpose upon OTG detection?

The OTG connection method is NOT supported by DJI at this time

Hey all,

For some reason when I use an OTG cable with my iPhone X to run DJI 4 app, I can't change the RTH altitude. I enter 100m, and then hit the X, and it's not saved.

However, when I use WiFi, it's set to 100m correctly.

Is there some issue with using the OTG cable and making these changes stick?

The forum search feature is a wonderful thing. I recommend giving it a try sometime...

The forum search feature is a wonderful thing. I recommend giving it a try sometime...

Maybe it's broke (just kidding).

It does seem nobody wants to read or search anything anymore.

Even the simplest things are in the manual or this Forum and it seems to be too difficult to take the time to read but have lots of time to crash and whine about fly aways :rolleyes:.

Not sure why the vitriol in this thread? The OTG cable provides a much more stable video feed for me.

Anyway, it’s clear there are some issues here with it. So much for YouTube videos extolling the virtue of using OTG cables...

Search, search... What does that mean help someone get me out of here lol btw the OTG's don't work any better or worse on my iPhone X verses my Note 8. Actually this Note 8 is much better with my Spark.

It appears that since the latest firmware update OTG is causing a lot of issues both for iOS and Android.

I wish Dji would make an announcement advising that certain functionality will no longer work with OTG.

Would be nice to know/be told that the connection/range issues that no doubt was the reason a lot of us opted to use OTG have been solved as well.

This is a friendly place full of helpful people who will always do their best to... USE THE FRICKING SEARCH BUTTON FOR F. SAKE JESUS MARIE JOSEPH!!! LOL [emoji23]

Reactions: sinaus and sebip
All, I do encouter this problem when I connect to OTG cable with my dji spark. I unable to enable "RTH at current altitude" setting. Is this normal? I using android.

I used to use the otg for a long time. Tough now it seems at least to me that a few software upgrades later it is not needed anymore. I had now 4 flights without it and I really could not see the difference.

Reactions: LiamB
I use rc/wifi and it work fine.
100-300m. flying distance is enough for me. If distanc is 500m. or more you cant see your spark. ( I almost lost my spark 1)
So I dont need OTG.

Reactions: LiamB
Short and simple.

OTG was never meant to be a Spark feature. @Teddy - They NEVER advertised it as a feature, it’s not in the manual, so have no need to make an announcement on it.

As of the last update of Go4 they blocked it.

Reactions: aviscomi
This is a friendly place full of helpful people who will always do their best to... USE THE FRICKING SEARCH BUTTON FOR F. SAKE JESUS MARIE JOSEPH!!! LOL [emoji23]
He is new as you could see ...all he is asking is for a little help...you want to be a dick about it, just dont reply.

Reactions: aviscomi

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast