Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Only buy from DJI

Wombatclay

Join
Aug 11, 2017
Howdy all. I bought some spare blades for my Spark. Checked DJI store for model number for the original blades and ordered a set from a local seller....
Well they arrived today and I can tell you I will NOT be using the blades. Very brittle plastic, even has that plastic fork sound when dropped onto the table. They are 15g lighter that the original blades and also I lined them up one original behind the NEW spares and noticed the new spares are slightly smaller.... and the pin is way to tight. If it was just the blades that was made out of the cheap plastic then I would try them but the housing that clips onto the motor has the same brittle feel.....

Stick with originals from DJI themselves..... $14 down the drain for me.20170929_161729.jpg

Good to know.
However, somebody may (or may not) engineer better blades for the Spark some day. Quieter and/or more efficient. So, I wouldn't say third-party is worse by definition. Only just now.

Esp. I am watching out for blades with angled tips at the end.

One more note: the original DJI blades (for Spark!) don't cut fingers when they come into a blade. A third-party blade may have a sharper edge though ...

Reactions: Wombatclay
Good to know.
However, somebody may (or may not) engineer better blades for the Spark some day. Quieter and/or more efficient. So, I wouldn't say third-party is worse by definition. Only just now.

One more note: the original DJI blades (for Spark!) don't cut fingers when they come into a blade. A third-party blade may have a sharper edge though ...

Looking at the clearance between the top of the Spark and the stock props, I'm not sure if there is room for the tip. Unless they point up?

May have to make a riser for the props to mount to the motors in order to clear the Spark if they tilt down?

Good to know.

Sorry to say you are wrong about original DJI blades don't cut fingers ,,,, yes they do ... had to get 3 stitches after a close encounter with a set of DJI blades.

Reactions: mapwd1702
All blades cut with brushless motors. Brushed motors stop when blades blocked. I too am waiting on the tipped blades for the Spark. They angle upwards and have no issues with clearance of the body and other props. Untill these 3rd party manufacturers stop using cheap material I'll stick with stock from DJI themselves.

Sorry to say you are wrong about original DJI blades don't cut fingers ,,,, yes they do ... had to get 3 stitches after a close encounter with a set of DJI blades.
Thanks for the update. My current set of blades is rather used and did its fair part of mowing grass ;) (still flies great though) So, I better stick with them, as I definitely got my fingers into them when emergency catching the Spark in flight (with no visible injury to my hurting fingers). I guess not all blades are equally sharp. It may be more dangerous too to hit the rotors at their ends.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar