Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Noise compare Spark vs. Mavic Platinum

spline

Join
Sep 17, 2017
Does anyone have a sound comparison between DJI Mavic platinum and DJI Spark ..
Which is louder?

I haven't seen a test done between those two drones yet, but data from other tests show the Mavic Pro Platinum is going to be quieter than the Spark.

In this test, the Mavic Pro measured 84.4 dB and the Spark measured 81.8 dB (a 2.6 dB difference). In this test, the Mavic Pro measured 74.4 dB and the Mavic Pro Platinum measured 69.2 dB (a 5.2 dB difference). Assuming all of this data is good, we can calculate that the Mavic Pro Platinum would have probably measured 79.2 dB in the first test (2.6 dB quieter than the Spark).

For those with both, which one (Spark or Mavic) is more noticeable/annoying when at the same height?

Using dB is good, but the pitch and other things may make one better even if louder overall.

I'd prefer a drone as quietly as possible. For quiet places in nature and due to not tolerant people

The Spark is pretty quite but when it's very quiet around you'll hear up to 500 meters away, i.e. regardless of the drone don't expect to be able to fly "stealthily" ;-)

For those with both, which one (Spark or Mavic) is more noticeable/annoying when at the same height?

Using dB is good, but the pitch and other things may make one better even if louder overall.
MPP on order but my MP at eye level is QUIETER than my Spark - has to do with the frequency so your ears may tell a different story.

Reactions: spline
I have both and the Spark's noise seems to be a bit more high-pitched and irritating...and I am still running the regular Mavic props. Wait until the low-noise ones come out.

Reactions: spline

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast