Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New User in the UK - OTG or Wifi and which channel

Sherlock221b

Join
Nov 26, 2017
Hi All,

Brand new to drones and haven't even taken my new spark up for a test flight.

I've done a lot of reading and watching and need help with the following.

I own a spark and the controller. I have an OTG connector and I have an iPhone 7plus.

Should I use the OTG as i've recently read that the new update restricts height and distance using an OTG or should I stick to the wifi?

Also, if using the wifi is it best to set a specific frequency to get the best distance whilst flying in the CE region and not wanting to do any silly kind of hacks.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Brand new to drones and haven't even taken my new spark up for a test flight.

I've done a lot of reading and watching and need help with the following.

I own a spark and the controller. I have an OTG connector and I have an iPhone 7plus.

Should I use the OTG as i've recently read that the new update restricts height and distance using an OTG or should I stick to the wifi?

Also, if using the wifi is it best to set a specific frequency to get the best distance whilst flying in the CE region and not wanting to do any silly kind of hacks.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, if you’re using an iPhone then you don’t need the otg cable. iPhones have both the 2.4 and 5.8 frequencies available so your RC can switch to whatever it needs to be for less interference.
For best distance in CE mode u should select a 2.4 channel on the RC at your take off point that has she shortest bar.
I’ve just done a quick easy mod to force the fcc mode for the RC though as I wasn’t happy with the video quality and lag on CE mode even at short distances (2-300metres) in semi urban areas.

Reactions: Sherlock221b
Should I use the OTG
I normally use Wi-Fi since some of the DJI GO settings/functions don't work properly when using an OTG cable. However, it's a good idea to keep an OTG cable in your bag/case as a backup in case you're ever flying in a location where the Wi-Fi connection is not stable enough to fly.

Reactions: Sherlock221b

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast