Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Firmware V 01.00.1000 (2018.07.19)

JeeHaa

Join
Jul 2, 2017
It's finally there! Note: there is no battery update.
New Spark Firmware Release Notes (07/19/2018)

Overview:
  • Date: 2018.07.19
  • Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.1000
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.0600
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: V 4.2.22
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.2.21

What’s New?
  • Added compatibility to use an OTG cable to connect the Spark remote controller with an Android mobile device.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrmorsi and Vilco
Can you help me please ?
My spark it not working to sport mode, when I turn on sport mode switching not worked.
Thank

Just posted this on the DJI Forum

There could be an issue with the new FW

I've been flying the Spark since May and using OTG once it (unofficially) worked again with the DJI GO App & I have hardly had issues. I’ve used 2 or 3 different OTG cables, with MOTO G4 & Huawei M5 devices.

Yesterday I upgraded the DJI App to 4.2.21 and planned to test it today. I then saw the FW upgrades and (foolishly) decided to install them as they ‘officially’ supported OTG.

The first flight seemed to start normally, got to 42m altitude and 99m distance and even triggered an RTH, which I cancelled close to home.

After that and during the following flights I got bad image breakup. There were no warnings from the app. During one flight I couldn't even stop the video. I landed, switched off the AC, then got a warning about lost signal and initiation of RTH.

The location was an open space with a few trees and no buildings. I always had the AC in sight. GPS looked good, satellites (11-15) and signal strength. Wireless was 5Ghz. I also drove a few kilometres to another location but with similar results.

I uploaded the logs to AirData and there are ‘Downlink data connection lost’’ messages for all flights up to 8s, although I’m certain I didn’t get warnings in the app. I checked a few flights back to mid-June and can’t find any connection errors.

On the final flight I also got a warning on landing ‘Local footage caching has stopped due to insufficient mobile device storage space. Please free up local storage space and retry.’, although both internal & SD have plenty of space.

Tomorrow I plan to go to a location where I have flown previously to see if there really was a geographical influence.

So, maybe it’s a coincidence so I will make more tests.

Finally, why does the Drone need a FW upgrade for OTG? Surely that’s just RC to Smartphone/Tablet? What else has changed?

Looking forward to feedback and other experiences.

Reactions: Stanlee
Finally:
New Spark Firmware Release Notes (07/19/2018)

Overview:
  • Date: 2018.07.19
  • Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.1000
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.0600
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: V 4.2.22
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.2.21

What’s New?
  • Added compatibility to use an OTG cable to connect the Spark remote controller with an Android mobile device.
I'm confused. Thought version 4.1.whatever was for android and version 4.2.whatever was for ios.

Can anyone clarify this for me please? Thanks in advance.

I'm confused. Thought version 4.1.whatever was for android and version 4.2.whatever was for ios.

Can anyone clarify this for me please? Thanks in advance.

4.1.xx is just an older version
Android and iOS apps are in the same 4.2.xx revision release
Nothing else denotes the difference in the apps.

Just upgraded, went for a flight with the iPad mini 4, image from the drone looked like someone smeared something on the lens, no more crisp image. Downgrading now hope nice crisp image returns to iPad.

FPV view. I just went out and flew with the oldest firmware you can downgrade to and the image looked nice and smooth and clear.

For those of you that use iOS devices, do you prefer using WiFi or OTG? Why?

Just tried to fly and my Android Go app said I couldn't take off without update. Updated both controller and spark no issues. Did 1 flight and was able to switch back and forth from sport mode, ascend to ~150ft, and image was clear.

For those of you that use iOS devices, do you prefer using WiFi or OTG? Why?

I've only ever used OTG, (iOS 11.4.1 abd Go 4.22.2) and will not be doing this firmware if I am not forced to, (rather be on the trailing edge than the bleeding edge) The whole concept of wifi between two devices less than an inch apart is silly. Cable is much more logical.

Is this a forced upgrade for iOS?

Just tried to fly and my Android Go app said I couldn't take off without update. Updated both controller and spark no issues. Did 1 flight and was able to switch back and forth from sport mode, ascend to ~150ft, and image was clear.
BTW I was and always have flown with the Samsung OTG connection.

Reactions: Wallace Brown
I use WiFi AND otg with my iPad, for months now, without issues.

Will not upgrade, don't see a reason.

This may be a silly question, but DJI Go 4 supports the use of OTG with iOS. Correct? Just want to make sure I don’t void the warranty.

Sorry for the simplistic question. I’m used to flying my P3A over the past two years. The Lightbridge cable is required.

Last edited:
This may be a silly question, but DJI Go 4 supports the use of OTG with iOS. Correct? Just want to make sure I don’t void the warranty.

Sorry for the simplistic question. I’m used to flying my P3A over the past two years. The Lightbridge cable is required.

As far as I read so far, This OTG support was for Android only.
OTG is not officially supported by DJI originally to connect to Android or iOS devices.
I never heard "voids warranty" using it. Just it was not supported.

As far as I read so far, This OTG support was for Android only.
OTG is not officially supported by DJI originally to connect to Android or iOS devices.
I never heard "voids warranty" using it. Just it was not supported.

That was my understanding too... has anyone read that they officially support it now... I didn't spot that yet, they said:

What’s New?
Added compatibility to use an OTG cable to connect the Spark remote controller with an Android mobile device.

That does not actually say its officially supported, only compatible. And no mention of iOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast