Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Firmware V 01.00.1000 (2018.07.19)

Can you help me please ?
My spark it not working to sport mode, when I turn on sport mode switching not worked.
Thank
Did you use OTG connection? Did you get a warning message in the app when you tried to switch in sport mode?
If the answer is yes for both questions then try to connect with wifi and in the settings menu you will see an option for advanced flight modes. Turn that on and sport mode will be available again.
If you have advanced flight modes the problem will be something else.

i just installed this too. Can use the otg on older dji go versions without going thru the process. Can also change wifi channels now on android. It still shows that the device may not work on IOS but then again, i have an older version that I don't want to update yet. I will go and fly this somewhere to test.

test the new firmware on both AC & RC with android on DJI Go 4.2.21 using otg cable...
everything went smooth without problem like it used to.
flew for 1.2Km on very densely populated with busy wifi and lots of cellphone BTS towers and RTH triggered automatically without problem as well.

Video is way smoother now from the Drone to my phone.
Before I was wireless to my remote and now using the OTG from remote to iPhone X.

Very happy with this upgrade, when I tried it before I got communication errors on the phone using OTG. Now it's a lot smoother and all is well!!!

Video is way smoother now from the Drone to my phone.
Before I was wireless to my remote and now using the OTG from remote to iPhone X.

Very happy with this upgrade, when I tried it before I got communication errors on the phone using OTG. Now it's a lot smoother and all is well!!!
Agree completely. Video is very clear and responsive with my iPhone 8+ using the OTG cable. The new update seems to be a solid one.

Bit the bullet and did the upgrade. Went flawlessly, very self explanatory. Once initiated the process was simple to do both the A/C and remote.
This morning was the acid test. With everything off I hooked up the Ipad and remote with my OTG cable. Took the whole setup and Spark outside. Turned it all on and WOW it all hooked up no problem.
I took off with a 95% battery, turned on the video and blasted off in sport mode. The flight was flawless, flew out to max distance of 3065 ft. and figured that was enough especially with no warnings or signal drops. FPV was better than it has ever been with very little if any lag even out at distance. Exited sport mode flew around a little taking some pictures, no problem. Flew out to ~900 ft. and did a return to home, spot on withing inches.
All in all I am truly impressed so far. I give it a multiple thumbs up.

Awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Also casting a vote, no issues here. I upgraded to DJI Go 4.2.22 then upgraded the AC and RC firmware. Did a few flights, everything went great. First flight got out to ~7600ft before began to lose signal. Second flight I did 4700ft in another direction before topography limited my signal.

No issues on this upgrade.

Using iphone 8 connected via wifi

So I have done all updates which went smoothly, I have always used wifi for device and rc connection (both ipad and Samsung s8) and first time using otg with these devices and ipad connects straight away but samsung does not connect at all no recognition at all.
Both device software is upto date also.
Any idea where I should start to rectify this problem as the samsung will be the device used most.
Thanks in advance

So I have done all updates which went smoothly, I have always used wifi for device and rc connection (both ipad and Samsung s8) and first time using otg with these devices and ipad connects straight away but samsung does not connect at all no recognition at all.
Both device software is upto date also.
Any idea where I should start to rectify this problem as the samsung will be the device used most.
Thanks in advance

Make sure that the cable is working with the phone. Try the cable and the phone with an other device than Spark.
If the phone is charging through the cable from the RC, try to grant USB permission to the device.

Make sure that the cable is working with the phone. Try the cable and the phone with an other device than Spark.
If the phone is charging through the cable from the RC, try to grant USB permission to the device.
Thanks didn't think to check cable as its new, I just checked cable with something else and cable works so I tried spark rc again and noticed as you said the phone is charging from rc so I need to work out how to grant usb permission.

Thanks didn't think to check cable as its new, I just checked cable with something else and cable works so I tried spark rc again and noticed as you said the phone is charging from rc so I need to work out how to grant usb permission.
Update, No luck with any settings on samsung s8 to change usb settings so that spark rc is recognised instead of rc charging phone.

Update, No luck with any settings on samsung s8 to change usb settings so that spark rc is recognised instead of rc charging phone.
I've been testing the new firmware update with the s8 and all was well then all of a sudden I started getting disconnections and no video feed.

I've noticed as well old dji go app's don't play well with this firmware as well tried going back to 4.1.10 and 4.1.3 and they are terrible they don't even connect let alone get a video feed. Going to try going back to 4.2.16 but I can't use the modded app no more for my boosted 1.5 watt fcc. If that fails I'm going the 701 firmware route with Dumbledore software.

Reactions: Matty J
I had a couple of video disconnections while only flying 20ft away, with Android/OTG.

I had a suspicion that my OTG cable or its mini USB connector might be dodgy, so I ordered another yesterday (plus a new short USB cable) which has just been delivered.
It could also be that I'm using a Nexus 7, maybe it's struggling with memory headroom for Go4.

We'll see...

I had a couple of video disconnections while only flying 20ft away, with Android/OTG.

I had a suspicion that my OTG cable or its mini USB connector might be dodgy, so I ordered another yesterday (plus a new short USB cable) which has just been delivered.
It could also be that I'm using a Nexus 7, maybe it's struggling with memory headroom for Go4.

We'll see...
I thought it was my otg cable, but it isn't I've tried about 4 different ones and it's all the same results. I've even got the dji goggles otg and that's really bad as well.
Just got back from flying again and it's really hit and miss with everything at the moment even tried WiFi and that's just the same lag and disconnection.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Also casting a vote, no issues here. I upgraded to DJI Go 4.2.22 then upgraded the AC and RC firmware. Did a few flights, everything went great. First flight got out to ~7600ft before began to lose signal. Second flight I did 4700ft in another direction before topography limited my signal.

No issues on this upgrade.

Using iphone 8 connected via wifi
You can see your drone from 7600 ft away?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers