Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My spark fell out of the air with no reason/pilot error and into water with mud

Hi to all,

I got a new replacement of my spark. DJI gave me a free RMA after investigating my data.
The conclusion was:
【App record GMT+8 26/8/2017 2:18:49】 1)Aircraft worked at Sport mode in flight. 2)Pilot pushed pitch stick forward, the aircraft flew forward then it flipped without collision. Conclusion: Not pilot fault, free RMA.
Just letting you guys know what the outcome of my case was.
I had a lot of trouble to get so far. Took me 5 weeks and lots of emails, chatting and calling. They closed my case 3 times and the 4th time they really looked at my data and did the analyses. @ the end it was ok! Thx to DJI who finally looked at the data.

Happy to be able to fly again!
Grtz

Reactions: Xtian1206
I've had my Spark since August 2nd.... I fly every weekend out the front of my place on the beach filming surfers... on week days I try to get down there for arvo flights and on bad weather days I fly FPV indoors with goggles on (phone slides into plastic housing type) and have never once experienced a fly away, instability or even a shutdown. I do like to push the Spark too with quite a bit of sport mode flying. I only update via pc and always with a full battery... not 50% or even 75% but always 100% battery. I calibrate my compass before every flight well away from interference and do the dance with the rc on the ground (even your rc causes interference).... if it truly was just a firmware issue then why isn't everyone having the same problem. Only thing I have ever noticed was once one side of my battery clips didn't click into place. Feel lucky to have picked it up at the time and now I give both clips a wiggle after I have inserted a battery to make sure they are in place..... other than that I feel sorry for those having issues but can proudly say mine is faultless in both firmware and the DJI Go app which cops a bad rap.... oh yeah I use a Galaxy S8+ with OTG every flight and also my range extenders as they guarantee a strong signal all the time.

And everything is always stored in my pelican case. Have never blown my Spark with compressed air either to so call clean it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis