Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My spark fell out of the air with no reason/pilot error and into water with mud

Criptix

Join
Aug 17, 2017
Loc
Brugges Belgium
Hi, just want to let u guys know that I had the pleasure to fly the spark for a week. It fell 4 days ago out of the air with no reason but I was thinking maybe a mistake of mine.. Yesterday evening the same thing jut now it fell into a creek with water and mud. I tried to dry the spark but no luck. It reacts a bit one turn on but I can't do anything. Info on flight conditions: a wide open nature space with no cell towers or obstacles in the way, flying 2 times in sports mode when it happend and the spark was in line of sight max 200m away from me. Anybody else experienced the same thing? Anybody advice if I can do something to save my spark. I can't afford a second one.. Thx in advance. And for info if someone gets same problem...

Sent from my SM-G900F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Which firmwares and with which app version you flew it when it happens?
Think it's important to know...

To save your Spark -> google: "Drone water rice" ;)

Last edited:
I really can't tell, it was about 75m away. Just it fell and the controller didn't respond. Didn't had the time to look at remote or the app on the phone. I was looking where it felt so I could retrieve it. The battery that was on the spark when it fell into the water is gone to. The light just keep flashing and it's not charging or in the spark. It on it self on the table and the back lights keep flashing... Pfff I hate I lost my spark..

I'm thinking you didn't let it dry enough before trying it again -- but now the damage is done. Did it happen to flip upside down before it fell or did the motors just stop? Any max motor speed warnings or over current? Flight logs available?

Hope DJI can help you out. This doesn't help you, and hindsight is 20/20, but for other owners reading: after the first mishap you shouldn't have flown without investigating. Again, no help now, but maybe will help someone else.

If you want to know what happen in a strange flight, you need to retrieve quickly the flight record .DAT file of the flight using the DJI flight assistant 2.
If it is not corrupted, then it will give a good overview of what happened between power ON and power OFF of the Spark. For this you can use CsvView tools from HERE.

Dronason, thx for the advice. Gone try tomorrow. I hope I can retrieve the files and look myself. My spark isn't gone fly no more... Hopefully dji recognize that it was a system failure and I get a new one but I don't count on it. GL all =)

Mine fell on asphalt 35m away from me less than 2mins flight time from take off.

Was just hovering and doing a video of my surroundings and it fell like a brick.

Mine fell on asphalt 35m away from me less than 2mins flight time from take off.

Was just hovering and doing a video of my surroundings and it fell like a brick.
Was it before you installed the new FW?

Hi, just want to let u guys know that I had the pleasure to fly the spark for a week. It fell 4 days ago out of the air with no reason but I was thinking maybe a mistake of mine.. Yesterday evening the same thing jut now it fell into a creek with water and mud. I tried to dry the spark but no luck. It reacts a bit one turn on but I can't do anything. Info on flight conditions: a wide open nature space with no cell towers or obstacles in the way, flying 2 times in sports mode when it happend and the spark was in line of sight max 200m away from me. Anybody else experienced the same thing? Anybody advice if I can do something to save my spark. I can't afford a second one.. Thx in advance. And for info if someone gets same problem...

This has happened a lot. I am an experienced pilot and it happened to me. This is a product defect and DJI refuses to acknowledge it. my post will probably be deleted.

This has happened a lot. I am an experienced pilot and it happened to me. This is a product defect and DJI refuses to acknowledge it. my post will probably be deleted.
Why your post will be deleted ? It is not DJI forum here.
Personally none of my 2 Sparks had issues, but it could have happen if there was a sever issue in firmware. It is why I updated on day 1 to .0600.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast