Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi supporting Spark now.

Did a quick test flight. Lots to work on. No battery level, no camera settings, can't turn off front leds, no telemetry and a few other things. Google maps very clear and accurate. No video lag. I used the otg cable. Didn't log flight to Airdata.

Reactions: wim
If you are using Spark with the remote controller, you must connect using Wi-Fi between the RC and the mobile device, connecting via USB OTG is not currently supported by the DJI SDK which Litchi uses.

Darn I was hoping the Litchi update would be a good one. Looks like it's not the best yet.

First flight new update. Video ok, no panaorma says must be switched to p mode. Ha, tried to go to sport. Still no good, was hoping for the 360 pano. Guess it still needs a little tweeking.

Litchi works all except for waypoint/route follow use, and that's all I use litchi for......****.......

Reactions: J-4ce
Just tried 3 batteries on latest Litchi. RC w/iPad Mini 3. In Focus, the camera often was not pointing towards the mobile device. Not very reliable.

Another issue is that switching from video to photo did not work much of the time. Took many attempts to get it to switch.

Also had several app crashes mid-flight.

Have used AP and Litchi for my Inspire and Osmo, so would really like to see this work for Spark, even in a somewhat limited mode. So far, too buggy for a photo shoot.

Reactions: donspark and Boudro
Just tried 3 batteries on latest Litchi. RC w/iPad Mini 3. In Focus, the camera often was not pointing towards the mobile device. Not very reliable.

Another issue is that switching from video to photo did not work much of the time. Took many attempts to get it to switch.

Also had several app crashes mid-flight.

Have used AP and Litchi for my Inspire and Osmo, so would really like to see this work for Spark, even in a somewhat limited mode. So far, too buggy for a photo shoot.
Very useful feedback. I have exact same setup with a remote. Do you own the remote or were you flying only over mobile wifi?

Is Litchi better than GO? I've been debating forever whether to get it to use for the mavic and spark.

Sorry I just red again your post, it was mentionned on your first sentence. Well I'll be waiting a bit more before trying it. Those guys at Litchy seems to have reacted pretty fast to the newcomer Spark so I guess they will work as fast on their update.

Curious to know what Litchi will give me I can't do in go4 app anyway?
There are several flight modes that Litchi has that are not in Go. Check out their website for details. May or may not be applicable to your needs or type of flying. Autopilot is even more extensive, but it does require more learning/remembering of various settings. They are in beta on it right now.

Litchi is an absolute must if you want to run routes that have the bird do it by itself. go doesn't even come close. GO Won't let you do it on a computer or the night before like Litchi , and if something happens halfway through the flight because of a disconnect, you don't have to worry about coming back. it will still run the route because the route is loaded in the bird, not in the application. It's a must if you want to run the camera and let the bird fly it self.

However as of now, it won't run Spark way points, So I'm not using it. But I use it every time on the Mavic, it works perfect.

Litchi is an absolute must if you want to run routes that have the bird do it by itself. go doesn't even come close. GO Won't let you do it on a computer/device the night before like Litchi , and if something happens halfway through the flight because of a disconnect, you don't have to worry about coming back. it will still run the route because the route is loaded in the bird before take off, not in the application. It's a must if you want to run the camera and let the bird fly it self.

However as of now, it won't run Spark way points, So I'm not using it. But I use it every time on the Mavic, it works perfect.

Litchi is an absolute must if you want to run routes that have the bird do it by itself. go doesn't even come close. GO Won't let you do it on a computer or the night before like Litchi , and if something happens halfway through the flight because of a disconnect, you don't have to worry about coming back. it will still run the route because the route is loaded in the bird, not in the application. It's a must if you want to run the camera and let the bird fly it self.

So when the bird is running a litchi mission, can you stop it at anytime if you need to?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar