Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi Beta 2.6.0 released

How well does it do waypoints with spark? Does it Support FCC (if you are in the us of cause)?
It definitely works to do waypoints and I would agree with user "Poletramp" review. I think Litchi App could outright replace the stock DJI Go 4 app, if you don't mind losing the modes DJI created (I hardly use them). I would say keep the DJI app as it seems Litchi App lacks the ability to do some of the setup/configuration such as Compass or check the WiFi interference.

Generally missions are setup ahead of time in the Mission Hub (before I leave the house) and I later do adjust them from the app on site as necessary (as location can change from what the SATs captured and show in hub). I further recommend the Virtual Litchi Mission (if you're a PC user) if not at minimum export as KML and view in Google Earth (although not necessarily 100%, as I've connected with Litchi Support and they said it's never going to be 100% and leave extra room as a safety precaution) ((as I did have a bad crash, which was a result of a software flaw which they say they have corrected)) that said, I do trust Litchi and recommend them as they were very responsive to my emails with quick follow up and helpful support.

Some claim iOS is better, but I am comparing to another person I fly with who has that version and it's basically the same in my opinion with some differences in the UI appearance. Functionality is pretty much the same. (They're using the iOS beta) I do think that there's interference when I am near the other user who is using their Spark, so I don't stand directly with them (usually a few meters apart and the experience improves)

I continually update my firmware as new ones become available, including my phone's OS (generally I am flying on a Samsung S5 rooted and running LineageOs 15) I have found that it very much is important to have high quality OTG cable and wire (Dollarama stuff won't cut it and will lead to disconnections) I've never experienced any flyaways (Although Litchi help says OTG isn't supported, on Android it definitely works, I think they're behind in updating their help section on the website)

I am located in Canada and am not effected by European laws, so my Spark can transmit at the highest frequency (but I don't play around with hacking or modding) (as "Poletramp" says, you can load up DJI Mod App which will allow you to adjust the modes between CE/FCC).

I believe the $32 that the Litchi App cost is well worth it even if it's just used for the purpose of Waypoint missions. Of course Litchi can do more than just Waypoints. Compared to other apps such as Reds Waypoints (trashy app) or another option (which works, but is super simple/lacking, although free) "DJI Mission" (find in Play Store) Litchi truly is the way to go. It's polished, looks go, and you can go from the DJI app to Litchi with very minimal learning curve as they're quite similar. Buy it buddy!

Spark did exactly what i programed it to with Litchi. Like i said i have only done 1 mission but there are hundreds of post`s in this forum about completed missions and not only here if you go to other forums on this site you will see them there also . Forgot to mention that if you want to try VR it is also possible with Litchi its quite the experience :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Seby
Here are videos of spark flying using litchi waypoints and single POI. I made these last week.

SUNY Potsdam campus

Property we stayed at

WhiteFace Mountain

Last mission in mountains was spontaneous created without cell service. I was unable to fly RTG so instead I entered 80 meters above home.
At some point I noticed that drone is way below that height so I aborted mission and returned it home.
In all other instances drone flew exactly as its been programmed. I guess got something to do with mountains. Although very much likely it’s just a visual illusion. But I decided to play it safe.

I’m very satisfied with how spark working with litchi.

Last edited:
This first SUNY mission was a bit learning curve as well.
Originally mission was a lot wider and while in progress drone got stuck in one waypoint. I aborted mission and tried to move it manually but only camera was able to move left right just a tad.
After 30-40 seconds of adrenaline I hit home button and it landed safely.
Upon reviewing I noticed that there is an edge of yellow circle of 5 mile airport zone. Right by one of my waypoints. I guess that is how no fly zone works.

I edited mission on a spot and all went great.

Thanks for all your answers. Got it and tried the waypoints Today. So much Fun! Thanks!

Hola a todos, en el día de hoy, me he actualizado a la última versión de Litchi, pero él descubrió que no guarda las imágenes de las panorámicas en diferentes carpetas, una para cada uno de ellos y que no se ve en que frecuencia o sistyema estoy volando, si en 2,4 o en 5.8, alguien me puede explicar ??? gracias, android 8 y con cable OTG funciona, pero desconozco en que frecuencia, hoy 01/09/2018

Last edited:
Did somebody already try the new full release for Android with waypoints? I am still hesitant to spend the money with the unclear picture i get from youtube.
Did somebody already try the new full release for Android with waypoints? I am still hesitant to spend the money with the unclear picture i get from youtube.
I use Android and it seems to work fine with the Spark. I've used litchi several years with my P3A but have only just started to use it with the Spark. See the video I am posting.

Reactions: FeK9
One thing I decided on after flying a almost maximum flight time waypoint mission, I will from hereon, take note of the time it started.

When you're disconnected, and your remote starts beeping for a shutdown signal because it's not reconnected, it can seem like an awfully long time. Just when I was almost convinced something had happened to it, I looked down and saw it had picked up the signal and then saw it diligently returning to waypoint to hover.

Reactions: Haggi
Super cool! Thanks. As mentioned - i was already convinced and use it myself. But: very nice Video- i Love the music!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis