Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi and OTG

dazza

Join
Sep 21, 2018
Hi guys and gals. Just purchased Litchi and read after purchase that it only runs with wifi. Did I read it correct? To me the OTG is the same as a net to a trapeze artist. All advise greatly accepted.
P.s. merry xmas

There has been reports that Litchi reads the OTG connection as occusync.
The protocol Mavic Pro's use..
Regardless, I use OTG cable with my Spark every single time!
No negative consequences as I'm aware of!
Happy flying!

I just watched a utube vid on the litchi app for spark ,but it was posted 2017, it sounds like the updates fixed any issues it may have had.
The questin I have ,doumb as it may be , if I order Litchi thru my laptop, is there a log in to put on my phone.
Thanks for the help. go Sparks!

I just watched a utube vid on the litchi app for spark ,but it was posted 2017, it sounds like the updates fixed any issues it may have had.
The questin I have ,doumb as it may be , if I order Litchi thru my laptop, is there a log in to put on my phone.
I'm pretty sure they way to buy litchi is by using the mobile device your going to be using. I don't see the point in downloading it on your laptop.

Reactions: Andre Levite

For iOS devices you must purchase Litchi directly from the App Store on an iPhone or iPad.

You can't order the app directly from the Litchi website and you can't order it from a computer - those links just redirect you to an app description preview . The preview page instructs you to purchase the actual app on an iOS device using the App Store.

It's worth the $20 for the waypoint missions alone.

thats good to0 know i read it wasn,t supported and never tried it but i have to hook up to the pc fort footage so i,ll have to give it a try my spark and e tab really like litchi haven,t had not one problem

Reactions: Andre Levite
I run a Galaxy 9s and a Samsung tablet (android.) When I connect with my OTG cord, Litchi immediately freezes, then shuts down. My WiFi is "off". Litchi "known issue" is that an OTG cord is not yet supported for the Spark. My experience seems to validate that. However, my DJIGO4 app runs great with the OTG cord with my 'droid phone and tablet.

OTG cable works fine for iPhone/iPad using both DJI Go4 as well as Litchi. Android has always been less predictable because so many combinations of devices and older OS versions

Much of the remaining confusion is due to use of the terms "supported" and "not supported". The OTG cable is not officially supported by DJI yet still works perfectly! And although you get the warning when you plug it in "device is not supported" - -again it functions flawlessly.

It either works or it doesn't work - the term "supported" is meaningless when discussing OTG. Just my opinion but the same questions about OTG getting asked over and over because of these two issues.

I'm finding that I cannot use the OTG cable on my Galaxy 9s with Litchi. App will shut down. Works fine with DJIGO4, and both improves latency of my onscreen video, as well as better range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard