Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi startup page suggests OTG cable not supported

cdouble

Join
Dec 31, 2018
Does Litchi work with OTG cable on Android.

I just purchased Litchi. When I launch it, a page displays instructions for connecting to various drones. The instructions for Spark say to start drone and controller, wait a few seconds, and then connect to drone wifi. Nothing about OTG cable.

So I quickly requested a refund (play store only gives you 15 minutes) and it promptly uninstalled. No point in paying $25 if it doesn't support OTG like DJI GO.

Am I reading those instructions right? Has anyone had success with OTG and Litchi on android? If so I'll give it another try just don't want to waste $25.

Chris

I'm on Android 9.
Litchi has been running OTG for a year here now. No issues at all.
The purchase of Litchi is my best investment.
Never failed me. Not even ones. Ever.

I have never tried any other way! I purchased LITCHI about a year ago and have always used OTG. RC originally connected to Samsung Tab A but now I use my iPad Mini 5. Both via the OTG. Both WiFi-ed to Samsung Note8 (neither tablet had cellular). Never any issues.

Reactions: jrhoffman75
So do I . Litchi is worth every cent.
But there is 1 issue in where OTG gives trouble and might be the reason Litchi makes this statement.
one can’t change max height and RTH height settings with
OTG. Without OTG no problem , anyway I set RTH 45 m and max height 200 m in wifi and then connect OTG

The phrase unsupported does not mean it will not work, as I too have also always flown with this cable connection ever since using LITCHI. I have not had a problem either. The phrase is I believe to say that since it is not their product they can not offer technical support or that they are not endorsing this method of connection DJI it's self also used the same statement in their product literature at some time.

Reactions: Haggi
The phrase unsupported does not mean it will not work, as I too have also always flown with this cable connection ever since using LITCHI. I have not had a problem either. The phrase is I believe to say that since it is not their product they can not offer technical support or that they are not endorsing this method of connection DJI it's self also used the same statement in their product literature at some time.
This is the correct answer.

Does Litchi work with OTG cable on Android.

I just purchased Litchi. When I launch it, a page displays instructions for connecting to various drones. The instructions for Spark say to start drone and controller, wait a few seconds, and then connect to drone wifi. Nothing about OTG cable.

So I quickly requested a refund (play store only gives you 15 minutes) and it promptly uninstalled. No point in paying $25 if it doesn't support OTG like DJI GO.

Am I reading those instructions right? Has anyone had success with OTG and Litchi on android? If so I'll give it another try just don't want to waste $25.

Chris
Hi Chris,

I have a Samsung S8 and OTG works well.
I bought it just for the VR function - tested and it works.
Still busy modifying my Gear VR with a 90Deg USB Cable to suit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis