Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Learner photographer

Like to see a shot or two. Ive been lookong at that from ground level for 15 years. Just had to see what ot looked like from above.

The highlight is blown. ( no details in the sky).
It also seems over saturated.

Fixing the highlights would be done by reducing the exposure. Either via shutter speed or setting a lower aperture (bigger number)

I like the subject and the composition is good with the road on the right being a leading line.

Thankyou for that. The set up is what takes the time. With only 10 mins work time it makes it a challenge.

I agree. Flying to the location, and searching for a composition, and coming back, is tough in only 10 minutes of fuel. The ideal set up would be one pilot, and you using the googles and just focusing on the picture. But then, you probable would miss out the flying!...:)

The second pic is interesting, with the weather coming in. It is grainy (low pixels) which makes me think you grabbed it from video? If it is the case, I stopped doing that, because you only get 3 megapixels, which is not much theses days. it is a shame, because a bird going into the frame as an example would be missed while doing still, but not on video...

Reactions: Sparky007
You'll get used to it no doubt, you've got the eye for it, once you get the technical part of it down you'll be posting killer pics. Most imprtant thing is to use the manual settings on the spark camera and get the best quality before hand. The less you have to edit in post, the better your end result will be. Keep sharing!

I suggest that you learn how to edit photos. Nearly all beginning photographers over-saturate their images and blow out the highlights. This is only meant to help you progress, not a cut. Look at YouTube videos, talk to friends, read, and look at other photos.

Reactions: antnyp85
I like the second picture much more than the first. Like op mentioned, the first picture is overexposed and over saturated, which makes it really artificial.
The second picture, albeit a bit noisy in the darker area (which is mostly a camera limitation) has a really interesting composition, with the diagonal lines going to the lower corners and the vertical line at one third of the left. [emoji1303]

Reactions: ZPFunk
I agree with others on the blown highlightd and over saturation. Do this, desaturate the image, decrease the exposure a little bit and mak a crop removing 2 thirds of the sky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef