Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I blind the bottom depth sensors for gaining altitude

Abhiman

Join
Apr 23, 2018
Loc
Chennai
My spark was flying pretty well at low altitude and I decided to go little high but suddenly my drone was stuck at height of 30m. It was not gaining altitude after giving of full throttle command also. I tried to celebrate all sensors properly.
I factory reset it aslo and as well I downgrade my firmware to.
But drone was continuously struggling at height of 30m.
But after that I blind my drone bottom camera sensors by black sticky tape.
Walla, now it crossed the height of 30m.
But the final problem came when the drone is gaining it's altitude automatically without any throttle inputs.
So is there are any chances that drone is not able to judge ground level and started gaining it's altitude automatically. ?

My spark was flying pretty well at low altitude and I decided to go little high but suddenly my drone was stuck at height of 30m. It was not gaining altitude after giving of full throttle command also. I tried to celebrate all sensors properly.
I factory reset it aslo and as well I downgrade my firmware to.
But drone was continuously struggling at height of 30m.
But after that I blind my drone bottom camera sensors by black sticky tape.
Walla, now it crossed the height of 30m.
But the final problem came when the drone is gaining it's altitude automatically without any throttle inputs.
So is there are any chances that drone is not able to judge ground level and started gaining it's altitude automatically. ?

Are you flying with just the device...no remote controller?

If you have the remote you can go into the settings of the app.
There you got two chances.
First you can check if beginner mode is on. That limits to 30m.
Secound there's an option to set maximum hight. Look if it's on 30m and if so change the value.
GL

Secound there's an option to set maximum hight. Look if it's on 30m and if so change the value.
GL
I did that also sir, beginnermode will not allow me to go beyond 30 m I know, so I tried to do fly in sports mode as well by changing the maximum height restrictions to100 m. But still it stuck in 30 m.
I degraded the firmware by DJI assistance and it was flying well and gaining altitude in simulator but in actual it was again stuck in 30m height.

GL
And this is not with one single spark, I have 5 spark with me and out which 3 spark are behaving same altitude restriction.

And this is not with one single spark, I have 5 spark with me and out which 3 spark are behaving same altitude restriction.
5 sparks [emoji2]. I can only dream of it.
Do you use same device with remote for all the sparks?
Are you flying in or nearby restricted area's?
For Android: with new update 4.2.12 u can use OTG. Tried that?
Just helping think...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast