Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Altitude stuck and inaccurate

bishybob

Join
Jan 27, 2018
I've been having an issue with the DJI app, or possibly my drone for the last 15 or so flights over 10 days.

The altitude at the bottom of the app is not showing correctly. As soon as I get to above 20'...? It basically stops registering additional height. Maybe every 15 seconds or so it will flash the correct altitude for a fraction of a sec, but then go back to 20 and stick there (cycling through fractions).

I have noticed that the altitude limit I set still works. It will not climb above that limit. But this is very frustrating.

Any ideas?

Curious, everything is up to date...IMU and compass recalibrated...and my question, are you using an OTG cable?

Curious, everything is up to date...IMU and compass recalibrated...and my question, are you using an OTG cable?
Everything up to date. No OTG cable.

After I posted the previous message something crazy happened. I was flying my drone in the back yard in Sport Mode. Circling around and having fun. On a straight away the drone just fell out of the sky! I picked it up and it was still on. Fan running and lights flashing. Battery in. My phone had a message that went like "your drone has rolled over. Please check for damage".

I just emailed DJI

I've been having an issue with the DJI app, or possibly my drone for the last 15 or so flights over 10 days.

The altitude at the bottom of the app is not showing correctly. As soon as I get to above 20'...? It basically stops registering additional height. Maybe every 15 seconds or so it will flash the correct altitude for a fraction of a sec, but then go back to 20 and stick there (cycling through fractions).

I have noticed that the altitude limit I set still works. It will not climb above that limit. But this is very frustrating.

Any ideas?

Post your flight log here. I'm sure there are several who will analyze it for you.

I have it on Airdata but I don't feel comfortable sharing my exact location and pictures of my house. Not sure if I can remove that info...

I have it on Airdata but I don't feel comfortable sharing my exact location and pictures of my house. Not sure if I can remove that info...

Good luck with DJI, then.

I am having the same exact problem. Altitude stuck in the teens no matter how high I go with occasional flash of correct altitude. Any resolution on this?

Wow! That sucks. I don’t know if I would be comfortable flying it that way. Not all reassuring.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar