Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to fix camera quality?? Very Grainy and blurry. Please help!!

murph8140

Join
Mar 28, 2019
My pictures and videos are very grainy and blurry, i have adjusted camera settings and everything,I have watched a ton of YouTube tutorials, read the manual, tried to contact DJI. I don't have a SD card, taking pics off my iPhone through controller. I just bought it a couple days ago and if i cant get it fixed i will have to return it because i need it for work pictures. Any suggestions would be awesome! thanks

My pictures and videos are very grainy and blurry, i have adjusted camera settings and everything,I have watched a ton of YouTube tutorials, read the manual, tried to contact DJI. I don't have a SD card, taking pics off my iPhone through controller. I just bought it a couple days ago and if i cant get it fixed i will have to return it because i need it for work pictures. Any suggestions would be awesome! thanks

You have answered the question yourself. The captured image size is 3968x2976 pixels on the SD card. Cache images recorded on the phone are 1024x768 pixels. And there is no user setting on the Spark to change this. So if you want good quality videos or photos, you have to purchase an SD card. Welcome to the forum.

Ok i will get a SD card, even on the controller through my phone it still looks kind of blurry tho.

Ok i will get a SD card, even on the controller through my phone it still looks kind of blurry tho.
What you see on the phone is transmitted over WiFi. They reduce the quality so that the WiFi bandwidth can handle it. When you have an SD card installed on the Spark, the photos/videos are directly getting recorded there. Hence, the high quality.

I was wondering why it was so blurry and grainy, the reason i bought it was all the great quality pics online! I will try the SD card and hopefully that works !

Reactions: Djiphil
Silly is-it-plugged-in type question but if you got the unit a few days ago, did you remove the plastic covering over the camera lens and front sensors?

I was wondering why it was so blurry and grainy, the reason i bought it was all the great quality pics online! I will try the SD card and hopefully that works !
Here's a list of recommended cards:
Sandisk 16GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Sandisk 32GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Sandisk 64GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Kinston 16GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kinston 32GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kinston 64GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Samsung 16G UHS-I Micro SDHC
Samsung 32G UHS-I Micro SDHC
Samsung 64G UHS-I Micro SDXC
and what SirThomas said!

Reactions: Tglass0000
the reason i bought it was all the great quality pics online!
I can tell you with 100% certainty that all the great quality pics you have seen online have been downloaded from the SD card and then post processed with softwares like Photoshop or Lightroom. Also, there are several panorama options on the Spark which takes multiple images for a single scene and combines them to get a high quality image. So there are a lot of options to explore to get that perfect shot. Here is another thread from this forum where a new pilot like yourself was not happy with his images. Just see how a bit of editing changed the picture he had taken.

Yes all the plastic has been taken off, i will try the SD card and hope it works.. Also will checkout a photoshop too to brighten them thanks!!

Photos attached of the pictures I took earlier, they look terrible ! Lol

Attachments

• 2D38819D-D24D-4722-BACD-C6D9AE50D9E3.png
    2D38819D-D24D-4722-BACD-C6D9AE50D9E3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • 8D1E3604-1675-45E1-82A1-04E7ACE6833B.png
    8D1E3604-1675-45E1-82A1-04E7ACE6833B.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • 94C548E7-9BBE-44AD-B2A7-D07FFCCAC83D.png
    94C548E7-9BBE-44AD-B2A7-D07FFCCAC83D.png
    787.6 KB · Views: 52
Looking at your pictures, there *is* something not right.
First off: the files are 1 Mb in size which is large for a picture with dimensions 1024 x 780. Pictures on my phone (in folder CACHE_IMAGE) are generally under 500kb.
Second: the pictures in my CANCHE_IMAGE folder are pin-sharp. I till try to attach a picture to this post to show you
screen_f55932bc119479c8_1550246870000.jpg

I wish I knew... Your pictures look blurry (look at the brances of the trees) and somewhat muddy.
Question: I took my pictures from my Smartphone, from the folder DJI/dji.go.v4/CACHE_IMAGE. Where did you take your pictures from?

But I Like the rest, I am very interested in the same pictures from the SD-card in your Spark. You can connect your Spark with the mini-USB port at the back straight to your computer. You don't need a special SD-card reader.

I now realise you flew your Spark without an SD card inserted in the drone? I didn't even know this was possible.... It means that any footage you shoot will have to be transmitted over the WiFi connection in real time. I can imagine that with a bad connection, the quality is degraded.
I guess that with an SD card in the drone, the quality of the pictures will improve massively.

I guess that with an SD card in the drone, the quality of the pictures will improve massively.
It seems pretty obvious once you have flown the Spark or any other drone for some time but for first time users, this is understandably the first "problem" they encounter. I am quite surprised that DJI doesn't include the SD card with the drone itself. What's the point of using a camera drone without an SD card? And if they don't want to give it for free, they should at least put the message on the box that users need to buy an SD card to make proper use of the camera. This will prevent a lot of confusion among new users.

Reactions: McCloudSpark
New users should read the manual before operate a DJI drone.

Then they would know, that spark needs an SD card for saving footage, as all digital cameras do.

If we forgot the card at home, spark can still save footage on our device, in low resolution (digital cameras normally cannot do this).

As I remember, in my spark combo, an SD card was included.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar