Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Super Dark & Pixelated

steggy97

Join
Apr 9, 2019
I received a new DJI Spark for Christmas from my wife. I activated it, charged batteries and then stored it in a hard case. I finally got the chance to get it out and try it. The video feed is almost black and very pixelated. It cannot be flown using the camera only by line of sight. Any pics or videos and even live feed are like this, Using an Iphone 6plus, even on the sd card when downloaded directly. This was taken in a well lit office and what you are barely able to see are computer screens operating on bright settings. I have tried adjusting the EV settings and it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• DJI_0001.JPG
    DJI_0001.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
I was going to suggest checking the camera settings but you have already done that.

I flew one day with manual camera settings and the next day when I used the Spark, the image was not correct, and then I realized the camera was still in manual mode and not automatic.

If the SD card footage is the same, something isn't right with the camera if the settings are correct.

I received a new DJI Spark for Christmas from my wife. I activated it, charged batteries and then stored it in a hard case. I finally got the chance to get it out and try it. The video feed is almost black and very pixelated. It cannot be flown using the camera only by line of sight. Any pics or videos and even live feed are like this, Using an Iphone 6plus, even on the sd card when downloaded directly. This was taken in a well lit office and what you are barely able to see are computer screens operating on bright settings. I have tried adjusting the EV settings and it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Hard to be certain from just that pic and the description but the just the camera view looks like electrical noise --- the kind you'd get if poor internal connection somewhere between camera lens and video feed out of Spark. You've likely got a loose cable or damaged component.

Since it was bought new and still under warranty you can send it to DJI for a repair or replacement. Contact customer support to start a service ticket.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef