Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hijacking?

The mods are working on it. Stay tuned.

Reactions: VenomousSVT
Sorry guys - Spammers are coming out in full force at SparkPilots.zone these days. We continue to tighten the spam controls up so we stopped about half of them last night. Still tweaking things. Eventually, they'll get frustrated and go away.

Thanks to the mods for all the hard work they do in keeping this forum running smoothly. I use it all the time to get help and tips so I am grateful for all their work.

Chris

Sorry guys - Spammers are coming out in full force at SparkPilots.zone these days. We continue to tighten the spam controls up so we stopped about half of them last night. Still tweaking things. Eventually, they'll get frustrated and go away.

Good job! I haven't seen no even one yet.

Last edited:
Any forum will get attacked by evil doers. I run a board and had to resort for members being approved.
As I test, one time I put up a fake forum and spammers, a$$hats, and evil doers were on in in less than 3 hours.

Yes, a big shout out and thank you to all the admins running all the pilot forums.

What is the point of spamming in Chinese? Nobody knows what they are saying or selling

Reactions: Col
Thanks mods . I wondered if I'd somehow turned the language from English to Chinese for a while . [emoji850]

I did a Google translate and they were all for purchasing fake diplomas from various universities around the world to hang on your wall.

Ya, I am manually approving all new users for now. Stinks for new people that they can't post for a few hours until I get to it but its working. Eventually, the spammers will give up and go elsewhere....

Reactions: Col
Ahh that would explain why I couldn't post/reply or change my avatar for about a day :D

Yeah Chinese spam takes over ever forum now Typically re-captcha on the signup page will sort them out. Or you can use a custom hidden header that you pass but no one else knows about
Ya, I am manually approving all new users for now. Stinks for new people that they can't post for a few hours until I get to it but its working. Eventually, the spammers will give up and go elsewhere....

Ahh that explains what was going on yesterday with me not being able to post or reply :D

Clackey I am sure you know this already but you can do a couple things to help:
a) put some messaging in the confirmation email about this delay.
b) put re-captcha on sign-up page to sort out *most* of the bots
c) Custom/Hidden headers can help, if you're into that sort of thing ;)

So What ? How many actually frequent this forum or even have access to internet ? Did you know what they were spamming ?
So what??? That's funny. I do not know how many. Do you? Did you assume that just because everybody posts in English they're all like you? Really funny. anyway, I rest.

Appreciate the effort of those running this forum, I also run a forum, know the challenges. We closed registration from time to time, and now have layers of anti-nonsense... but they still get through to the approval step. Some bots are very convincing.

So what??? That's funny. I do not know how many. Do you? Did you assume that just because everybody posts in English they're all like you? Really funny. anyway, I rest.

No but I would assume if they are trying to SPAM someone, they would target the largest audience possible. considering that they probably have less than a 1% success rate. That implies ENGLISH !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh