Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

GPS error preventing RC Home Point

Also it's a accuracy issue within dji go4. They only allow a margin of inaccurate of 10ft. If you download a gps accuracy app, both devices have never gotten better than 15ft accuracy. So the dji go 4 thinks that's not accurate enough. All dji has to do in next firmware update is to change ios operating systems to allow a inaccuracy of 16ft and it will solve everyone's problems. Although I know my phone is about 5ft accurate, it's just reporting to the app that it's 16 or 5m. Hope that helps.

I believe you have found the correct answer!!!

Several other sources have confirmed that the inability to set the Home Point to the RC location is a software bug on the Go App. This can only be corrected by DJI with an app or firmware update.

Unfortunately there's nothing a user can do to get around this. I will post a request they fix it on DJI'a own forum.

Thanks to all the others who offered suggestions.

Towards end of video i was able to record rc location as home point even though AC has weak GPS. I use ipad 10.5 with cellular service but service not activated. Sorry, having trouble uploading video. Try turning off obstacle avoidance. It would not save rc homepoint until I disabled mine.

I fixed this problem by going into settings and try both the buttons to set the home point.

This was not a problem for me but wanted to see for myself and did a quick test. I used ipad screen recorder to record screen activities but unable to post .mov file extension here. First few tries it would not record but after turning off obstacle avoidance I was able to record RC homepoint. I turned off OA for a different reason. I normally fly indoors with OA off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502