Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

goggles for the spark

yycwrangler

Join
Feb 15, 2018
I'd like to dip my feet into the VR world with the spark but find the DJI goggles a tad costly..I'm sure they are the best.

Just wondering if anyone else has used other brands of goggles with the spark, rough cost, and were you happy with the results

Cheers
Al

I don't have any goggles but I have tried it by using VR goggles and the phone with a couple of apps.

Look for two apps on the internet. They may not be available in the Play Store.

CAVU.
Cardboard Play.

CAVU allows stereo vision on your device to be used in the VR Goggles.
A trial version is FREE and is limited to 5 minutes of flight time (motors started), unless you purchase it.
As long as you don't power up the motors, the 5 minute timer won't start and this will give you time to customize the windows in the goggles.

The Cardboard Play disables the automatic start up of Samsungs VR and allows the CAVU app to run. I think it cost $2.

I fly with a mini4 but have a Galaxy s7 with the goggles and tried it last year and it seemed to work.

Litchi supports VR and it may work better overall since it's available on both platforms.

Good luck.

Hello, I agree with Spark 317, specially about Litchi. It has worked out better with less delay and a bit more stable with both OTG cables or wireless conection (although the manufacturer statements explain about bugs when OTG cable is used with)

Used DJI goggles are fairly reasonably priced $200 to $250. Sometimes people buy them, then don't use them, and sell. So, you could be buying a rarely used set for 1/2 price.

Why this really matters though, is that you may one day upgrade to a Mavic Pro, when the DJI goggles become sooooooo worth it.

You already noted that there is a difference in functionality and the visual. I used Litchi and my phone, then switched. The difference in quality experience cannot be expressed in words.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast