Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Glitchy Go App or SD card? - IOS

Lastrexking

Join
Jun 2, 2017
Loc
Yorkshire
Having one of those days. Checked everything prior to leaving the house. No updates, batteries charged, nothing flagging up in the app.
Got to where I was flying, gps and home locked, took off. The camera was in stills mode and I tried to switch to video - nothing. Tried to take a still, got nothing again. So, I landed, turned everything off, closed all the apps on my phone and tried again. Same again. Unable to switch camera modes, not taking photos. Landed, reset. This time I checked the SD card, formatted it, cleared the apps cache. Took off - 'SD card error'. By now my battery was down to 30% from a full charge. Did all of the above again, put a fresh battery on and finally got a fully working Spark.

So, I didn’t get time or battery to do what I wanted and did a little 'leisure' flying. Fun to do, but I’m a little annoyed.

When I got home I checked the SD card, and it’s fine. So, I’ve no idea what caused the issues and I’m open to suggestions.

Maybe there was a file on the card that get corrupted. If you use the uSD card to transfer file to your computer, it could be better to use a set of uSD card. When you start your flight day, you format it in the Spark at entry status screen and when back home you replace it with the next one. This way the card is always freshly formatted when you fly but it cost you a few more uSD card, usually this way, a 16 GB card size is largely sufficient, that can compensate the price of a single 32 or 64 GB.

I should have mentioned I formatted the card after my last flight (I always do). Next time I’ll definitely take a few spare cards.

Had a similar glitch today.
The Spark was hovering about 10m up and just refused to record video either by pressing the record button on the RC or the app.
Brought the Spark down but just before landing I tried pressing record again and it started recording !
No idea what that was all about ??

Had a similar glitch today.
The Spark was hovering about 10m up and just refused to record video either by pressing the record button on the RC or the app.
Brought the Spark down but just before landing I tried pressing record again and it started recording !
No idea what that was all about ??
Are you on IOS too?

Well, it happened again this afternoon. This time with my android phone. Wouldn't record mid flight.
Landed the Spark and it started recording again.
One thing I just realised is that both times were straight after using quickshot modes. I was messing about with Helix shots this afternoon when it happened.

I can’t even access quickshot modes. Something is seriously wrong right now.

I can’t even access quickshot modes. Something is seriously wrong right now.

I suggest you do a thorough overwrite format (takes almost an hour for 64gb). If you have a Mac download the app in my previous message. If that doesn’t fix it then use DJI assistant and refresh the firmware (takes about 30 mins).

Semis the issue mentioned in my OP above was definitely the SD card. Tried the same one today, got the same issues. Swapped it, and it’s fine.

Strange though, the same card works absolutely fine in all of my cameras.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef