Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimbal Overload Warnings

JB Sliimp

Join
May 31, 2017
I received gimbal overload today warning today, and it requested I check to make sure gimbal clamp was not engaged BUT Spark has no gimbal clamp..

Anyone else have this issue?

Were you on grass? If so, that may have done it since I have found the gimbals don't like any pressure on them at all.

Yes, I agree. The only day I have gotten this warning is day one when I was launching off of grass at a football field. I stopped launching in that manner and haven't received that warning since. I have launched off of a picnic table & a large flat tree stump with no issues since that time.

Reactions: DesertWindAero
I have had several gimbal warning messages. I agree with the grass issue and use a large launch pad if the grass could contact the gimbal. But I've also had this warning while in flight, after a satisfactory take-off. Shutting everything down and starting up again appears to address the problem. Is there any other issue about seemingly random gimbal issues that people have experienced. (The drone has not been damaged and no hard landings.)

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. ;)
That would be these:
6591ca264669700171e974a5ce8cfbb9_preview_featured.jpg

Reactions: sohpg
In addition to often using a landing pad in fields where grass might be wet or long, or there is a lot of dirt, I sometimes use snap-on legs for my Spark. I learned through experience that each type of leg has a different application, so I wanted to share this.
The first photo I am attaching is of the legs that snap onto the propeller arms. These are heavier than the other set. However, it is not possible to use the propeller guards with these legs. I use these for outdoor flying on rough ground because they are stable.
The second photo is of the legs that snap onto the battery case. This attachment is lighter than the other legs, and it allows the use of the propeller guards. I use these only indoors with the prop guards. These are not stable for uneven outdoor ground and the drone might tip over if these are used outdoors.

Photo 1 - Wide legs - more stable - best for outdoors
View media item 90
Photo 2 - narrow legs - less stable, but work with prop guards and are lighter
View media item 91
Sorry about the blurry images. I hadn't noticed that my cell phone camera focused on the house across the street and not on the drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none