Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimbal issue, 1 Day left to return to B.B..Is this a problem???

mrreddog

Join
Jan 9, 2018
Sorry for the rush guys, but I have 1 day left to make a return at BB, now is this a fixable problem or is it a problem??? in regular mode, OA sensors on, full stick forward to max 3-4mph then full stick back, the gimbal jumps slightly (see vid) going backwards it dont happen, Also tripod mode it don't happen, Turn off OA sensors and at 7-8mph it doesn't hapen, Even in sport mode at 31mph it doesn't happen.. Also sometimes when i press the button for instant gimbal up to down, the up works fast but it stutters going down?? please help,!!!! see video....

Last edited:
I am on software version 1.00.600 that's what came on it, do you think this can be solved with a firmware update... im trying to reload but having unsigned driver issues again with assistant2 , but im working on it.. what else can I try.... I really dont want to deal with returning it unless I really have to..???

I am on software version 1.00.600 that's what came on it, do you think this can be solved with a firmware update... im trying to reload but having unsigned driver issues again with assistant2 , but im working on it.. what else can I try.... I really dont want to deal with returning it unless I really have to..???
I don't think it's a firmware issue. This reeks of a faulty gimbal.

Ok back home with new spark, too dark out to test besides I have to initialize battery to new spark and activate it and all that jazz...more to come..

There is a setting in the app to slow the gimble Down when you move it up or down

Yes I have set it to 25, but in the videos above, I wasn't touching the gimbal wheel, it shouldn't do that little hiccup at the reverse of direction, and Im not aware if changing the gimbal setting has anything to do with the way it was acting??? take a look at the vids..

Nothing wrong, a sudden direction reverse like this causes more airframe tilt than just flying at a given speed. Was just hitting the end stop.
The slow gimbal down first time is due to the cold making the gimbal wires stiffer. I get the same on Mavic when it's cold, never does it when warm.

It would do the quick down slowly in the house before going out, I notice the gimbal was a little stiffer when moving it by hand downward.. new one seems ok, just cant get it outside-back to crap weather..
also it only did it in normal mode, if i turned off OA it was fine, even sport mode at 30 mph it was fine..something wasn't right with it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio