Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimbal Gaurd Causing Issues?

mlash

Join
Sep 19, 2017
I have this on the front of my Spark and I had to turn off the forward sensors because it was causing all kinds of havoc. It would let me ascend and descend but it would not respond to the right stick (mode 2) at all. I landed and disabled OA and it has flown fine since. It just doesn't look like that the gimbal guard would be in the way or cause problems.

Question: Does the front sensor window ship with a protective film on it? It doesn't look like it does and I don't want to try and peal something off that's not there! Has anybody else had a problem with this type of gimbal gaurd?

IMG_20170922_180131.jpg

Yes the Spark ships with a protective film over the camera lens and the front and bottom sensor.

I'm assuming that there would be a tab to show that the film is there, right? My Mavic Pro shipped the same way from B&H (no film). Unless there is no tab and then even my Mavic still has the film.

I don't know because I usually fly with the OA disabled anyway!

and yes @Zoran it is an aftermarket guard.

Is that an aftermarket guard ?
And yes, that's an aftermarket guard. There are two types. Both of them prevent the gimbal from tilting left and right in it's full range. You'll get gimbal errors and funny movement once you take the guard off. I know, I've tested both. They might be ok for traveling, but not flying

And yes, that's an aftermarket guard. There are two types. Both of them prevent the gimbal from tilting left and right in it's full range. You'll get gimbal errors and funny movement once you take the guard off. I know, I've tested both. They might be ok for traveling, but not flying
Have to disagree, not having any problems with mine, on or off, as far as that goes (no errors or funny movement). Also, I just check to see if it hits and there is plenty of room in there. Yours may have been warped inward or maybe mine is just warped outward but it's not hitting when the AC pitches (on the top or bottom)!

Have to disagree, not having any problems with mine, on or off, as far as that goes (no errors or funny movement). Also, I just check to see if it hits and there is plenty of room in there. Yours may have been warped inward or maybe mine is just warped outward but it's not hitting when the AC pitches (on the top or bottom)!
If it's working, great. I went through 2 of those, and one of another shape. All three failed. Maybe my luck of the draw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme