Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gesture mode frozen

Pegasus

Join
Jan 11, 2019
Hello from Manizales, Colombia!

During New Year´s Eve my entire family got together and I was ready to impress them taking photos of the group with my spark in gesture mode. Just to make sure, I tried it without witnesses beforehand. When the entire group was ready for the show, I launched the spark. It went up to 3 m high and froze! I had to wait until the battery lost power and the drone came down some fifteen minutes later. Fifteen long minutes of good old family jokes! In the meantime, my brother pulled out his Mavic and took the photos. That was very humillianting, lol.

I haven't used my drone in gesture mode ever since because I am afraid it'll fly up above a tree or some place difficult to rescue when the battery starts to lose power.

Anyone has any ideas why this can happen?

Thanks for your help!

Well it is flying software and like any other SW sometimes it just freezes. I have not had the issue you describe.
BTW - if the Spark is within reach you can (carefully) grab it and turn it upside down and the motors will turn off.
Hmmm, that is if the SW is not locked up...

The truth is I've had too many issues in just 20 days of use: sudden disconnetion with the subsequent loss of the drone (found after two agonizing hours). Wifi that connects and 10 seconds later disconnects. RTH way off. Haven't been able to fly in 2,4 to get further away. Still, I've had great flights, incredible photos, videos of places impossible to walk into, like thick, humid tropical forests...

Anyway, gracias for your answer!

If it's less than a year old then it sounds like DJI should help you out. Are you on the DJI forum? If you are then let that forum know the issues you are having. Their moderators are connected to DJI and can help.

Hello from Manizales, Colombia!

During New Year´s Eve my entire family got together and I was ready to impress them taking photos of the group with my spark in gesture mode. Just to make sure, I tried it without witnesses beforehand. When the entire group was ready for the show, I launched the spark. It went up to 3 m high and froze! I had to wait until the battery lost power and the drone came down some fifteen minutes later. Fifteen long minutes of good old family jokes! In the meantime, my brother pulled out his Mavic and took the photos. That was very humillianting, lol.

I haven't used my drone in gesture mode ever since because I am afraid it'll fly up above a tree or some place difficult to rescue when the battery starts to lose power.

Anyone has any ideas why this can happen?

Thanks for your help!
Is a joke don't bother with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast